Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Art Thelen was absent. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the November 19, 2013 meeting. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $19,940.93 and the monthly bills total is $13,238.65. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Husker Hollow Bridge Replacement Possible Land Purchase: The board was informed that this project needs to have additional land on both sides of the road purchased near the entrance onto Hwy 82. The board will need to meet with the project planners to determine the area. This will happen prior to the Jan. board meeting.
10. MOU Statewide Voter Registration System Between VC and the Town: Nemec made a motion to continue with current process with the county compiling this information for a fee of $300.00 per year, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
11. Review Election Inspectors List for the Next 2-Years: Clerk Yttri presented the list to the board. They are: Eda June Widner, Dolly Lisney, Jan Parker, June Parker,John Lams, Marcia Parker, Virginia Lyons, Donna Getter, Sherri Yttri and Jane Brennen. Nemec made a motion to accept this list of Election Inspectors for the next two years of service, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Patrolman’s Report: Patrolman Walker discussed the snow plowing cycles. Six new tires on the IH 2005 Truck and two new front tires on the IH 2001 Truck will be installed within a few days. All are waiting for the new sander in mid-January.
13. Public Input: Jean Beck discussed snow plowing in her end-of-the-road circle-driveway area. The patrolmen will check on this option. She also does some baby sitting in the La Farge Addition area and asked why it is not plowed out. Board response was that this area is not a town road but is private road property only, and that the residents are required to maintain their own road themselves or with ‘For Hire’ private contractors to take care of the snow plowing etc. She stated that the mother of the child is also expecting the second child this winter. If it is an emergency call for assistance, then the town will respond and open the roads. If there is ice or large snowfall, the town patrolmen will open the road and do what is necessary.
14. Board Comments: Young stated that Wayne Haugrud, Town Building Inspector, has raised his rates from $500.00 to $600.00 per dwelling.
15. Motion to go into Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee). Young moved to go in Closed Session, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
16. Reconvene into Open Session-Act on any actions discussed in Closed Session. Young moved to go in Open Session, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried. Nemec made a motion to increase Patrolman Tim Walker’s base wage $1.00 per hr. starting January 1, 2014, and prorate other benefits accordingly to his time worked, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
January 21 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
January 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Nemec. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: December 17, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639