Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors
Prior to commence of the meeting, the new LaFarge Ambulance was at the town hall for everyone to view.
1. Call to order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM with all members present except Clerk Ole Yttri who was in the hospital. Chair Oliphant asked Treasurer Parker to take minutes since Clerk Yttri was absent. A total of 11 people were in attendance including 3 Board members and the Treasurer, 2 reporters, 2 patrolmen and 3 residents.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Town Chair Oliphant gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posing places, on the Town website and via email of those citizens who have signed up for email notification, by Clerk Yttri.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda minus items 5, 6, 7 and 8, due to the absence of Town Clerk Yttri and this information. Parker seconded. Motion carried.
8. Fire/Road # applications.
9. Patrolman Insurance: Parker made the motion for insurance stipend to be paid to Jody Wirtz to start out now in the amount of $300 monthly and possibly to increase later on. Thelen seconded. Motion carried.
10. Patrolman’s report: Jody reported that he has been mowing a lot of grass.
11. Public input: (limit 3 min. per person) Jack Lee would like to have Mr. Arnold on the agenda for next month to present scholarship information. Jack reported that approx 4’ x 6’ piece of Tunnelville Rd was broken up by a dozer at the Zen Brown property. Roseanne Boyette is still questioning the Truckers Route of Travel and the enforcement of the road bans. She said a loaded logging truck and also 2 empty logging trucks have used Salem Ridge Rd. Supv. Parker again informed her that the road bans are to detour trucking traffic which does not have business within this town but are just using our roads as a short cut. Jack Lee mentioned that other Towns had Road bans also. Boyette asked for ‘loose gravel’ signs to be posted on roads where Scott had spread loose material to stop the bleeding. Jack Lee asked for Comprehensive Planning to be on the agenda next month.
12. Board Comments: The Board agreed to have a continuance of this June meeting next week when Clerk Yttri can be available so as to get the bills paid and the two liquor licenses done before the July 1st deadline and complete items 5, 6, 7, and 8 of this agenda. Chair Oliphant said Mark is out mowing some with the old mower. The Board discussed Scott Construction coming back and topping Salem Ridge Rd as it was bleeding which does happen sometimes the first year after sealcoating. Chair Oliphant attended a two-day NEMS workshop in May. The Board Chair and Supervisors must receive NEMS certifications so the Town will be eligible for disaster financial assistance. Chair Oliphant informed everyone on Comprehensive Planning informational meetings coming up in our area.
13. Future meeting dates: July 17th, 6:30 PM, Monthly Board Meeting
14. Adjourn: Parker motioned to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Minutes submitted by: Jan Parker, Treasurer, as Clerk Yttri is not available.
TOWN OF WEBSTER MONTHLY MEETING
Continuance from June 19, 2007 meeting
June 25, 2007 8 AM
1. Call to order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 8 AM with all member present except Treasurer Jan Parker.
2. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting at the Town Hall and Avalanche Store, on the Town website and via email of those citizens who have signed up for email notification. The Agenda was posted at the Town Hall.
3. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda. Parker seconded. Motion carried.
4. Minutes of the previous meeting: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the May15, 2007 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes as printed, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Review and payment of bills: The current checkbook balance is $497.10 and the monthly bills totaled $42,025.04. The Board chose to borrow $30,000 from the La Farge Bank ‘Line of Credit’ and pay $6,685.91 toward the bills and $20,000 to Scott Construction. Clerk Yttri reminded the Board that the State Transportation Aid payment would be deposited the first Tuesday of July. Thelen moved to approve the payment of bills presented, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review of Building permits: Michael Kmiotek, Mark Heckenkamp
7. Fire/Road # applications: Michael Kmiotek, Jacob Robinson, Adam Hershberger
8. Class A Beer License – Avalanche Store and Dave Varney: Clerk Yttri reported that he had received two applications this year. Parker moved to grant a Class A Beer License to Dave and Erin Varney, One Sun Farm and Bakery and Roger Widner, Avalanche Store. Thelen seconded. Motion carried. The yearly fee for license is $50.00.
9. Board Comments: The Board questioned a new home that was moved in on David Hege property. Clerk Yttri will contact Wayne Haugrud, Building Inspector. Clerk Yttri shared information regarding the Transportation Survey and Comprehensive Planning that he had received.
10. Adjourn: Thelen motioned to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature ___________________Date: June 25, 2007_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639