Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members present except for Treasurer Jan Parker, who was in the hospital with pneumonia. A total of 15 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda with these revisions: move Rural Ins. item from 12 to 8.5, add 11-A Tire Bid and add 17-A Representative for KVR Board Application. Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri read and provided copies of the minutes of the February 21, 2007 meeting. Nemec moved to approve the minutes as printed, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $5,737.48 with additional Transportation Aid payment of $23,604.57 expected next week. The monthly bills totaled $41,883.30. The Board chose to pay $5,000 to Scott Construction and $6,544.00 toward the other bills. Parker moved to approve the payment of bills presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Adam Jothen
8. Fire Number Applications: none
8.5-12. Rural Ins. – Rollie Johnson: Johnson reviewed the present coverage of the buildings and personal property. The Board made some minor changes of the coverage and asked Johnson about bonding insurance for the Clerk and Treasurer. Johnson will check on the costs and inform the Board.
9. Open Gravel & Rock Bids: The Kraemer Co. submitted the only bid for gravel and rock. Bid details: Picked Up Delivered
3/4” Base Course $ 5.20 CY $ 6.20 CY
3” Minus Breaker Run $ 5.20 CY $ 6.20 CY
Screenings $ 5.00 CY $ 6.20 CY
Rip Rap $ 6.80 CY $ 8.80 CY
Private rock sales would be $ 9.00 per cubic yard. Nemec moved to accept the bids as presented, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
10. Open Seal-Coat Bids: Scott Construction Company submitted the only bid for seal-coat. The bid for Single Hard Seal is $11,670.69 and Single Gravel Seal is $17,493.44. Parker moved to approve the seal-coat bid, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Bids for Lawn Mowing: Bids were opened for the mowing of Mt. Zion Cemetery and for the Town Hall/Shop Lawn. The bids per mowing were as follows:
Mt. Zion Cemetery: Kolby Walker $30.00
Duane Parr $29.00
Mary Haugrud $30.00
Webster Town Shop: Kolby Walker $40.00
Duane Parr $34.00
Parker moved to approve the Lawn Mowing Bids from Mary Haugrud for the Mt. Zion Cemetery and Duane Parr for the Town Shop and Hall, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11a. Loader/Backhoe Tire Bid: Nemec moved to accept the bid from Hartje Tire for $1169.86. Parker seconded and motion carried.
13. Set Wages for Patrolman Helpers: Parker moved to approve the payment of $12.00 per hour for Patrolman Helpers, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
14.Renew CDL Drug Testing Contract: The Board renewed the CDL Drug Testing program with Gunderson-Lutheran Clinic.
15. New Patrolman & Shane’s Schedule: Jody Wirts is the new Town Patrolman hired. Shane Stone will be gone for a few months for rotator cuff surgery.
16. Class ‘A’ Beer License: Dave and Erin Varney: Nemec moved to grant a Class A Beer License to Dave and Erin Varney, One Sun Farm and Bakery. Parker seconded. Motion carried. The yearly fee for license is $50 and will be prorated for this year.
17. Spring Clean up Date: May 5 was set for the Large Item Cleanup Day at the Town Dump/Recycling Center.
18. Representative for KVR Board Application: Vernon County Landfill Coordinator Gail Frie was nominated by the Board to be the KVR Board Representative. His name will be forwarded to the governor for his consideration.
19. Patrolman’s Report: Patching material will be purchased and applied as soon as it is available.
20. Public Input: Jack Lee and Ardene Wirts reported that they were working on the Local Government Essay Contest which the Town of Webster sponsors annually. A winner will be awarded $350.
21. Board Comments: Chair Oliphant announced a voluntary roadside clean-up organized through the Kickapoo Valley Reserve Earth Day Committee. This event is scheduled for April 21. Volunteers are to call the Reserve Office. As this was Supervisor Gordon Nemec’s last meeting, he thanked the citizens of the Town of Webster for the opportunity to serve on the Board.
22. Future Meeting Dates:
March 29 – Voting Machine Public Test, 5 PM
April 3 – Spring Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
April 10 – Annual Meeting, 8 PM
April 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7 PM
23. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_____________________Date: March 27, 2007_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639