Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members present. A total of 22 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda, Nemec seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Chairman Oliphant read and provided copies of the minutes of the January 21, 2006 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes as printed, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $82,353.00 and the monthly bills total $93,092.05. The Board chose to pay $50,000 to Scott Construction and $7,752.92 toward the other bills. Nemec moved to approve the payment of bills presented, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: Neil Russ, Cty. Rd SS, Salem Ridge Amish School
9. La Farge State Bank-Loan Renewal/Extension: Chair Oliphant and Clerk Yttri signed a $136,000 three-year bank loan ext. at 4.75%, the same rate of interest.
10. Representative for KVR Board Application: Chair Oliphant informed the board that two seats for the KVR Board will be up for appointment due to a letter he received from Governor Doyle’s office. Anyone interested in applying for the opening can seek nominations from the Town.
11. Class ‘A’ Beer & Liquor Licenses—One Sun Farm & Bakery, Dave & Erin Varney, are interested in applying for a “Class A Beer” license to sell Beer for off premise consumption. After a period of discussion, the board Tabled their decision until the March meeting so that Clerk Yttri could gather additional legal information.
12. Reimbursement for Use of Home Computer for Clerk & Treasurer: Treasurer Jan Parker asked about getting reimbursement for the Clerk and Treasurer for using their own computers for Town business. She cited several examples from other townships in which the Clerk and Treasurer were reimbursed from $20 to $100 per month for the computer usage. Nemec moved to pay the Clerk and Treasurer $500 each per year for the use of their home computers, seconded by Tim Parker. Motion carried.
13. Overweight Permit Ordinance: Chairman Oliphant read the proposed Overweight Permit Ordinance. Parker moved to adopt the Ordinance, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
14. Patrolman’s Report: Shane reported that they had been doing a lot of sanding and had repaired the JD mower bearing.
15. Public Input: Boyette asked about enforcement and exemptions to the new Overweight Permit Ordinance.
16. Board Comments: Chair Oliphant read a letter that the DOT had received from Boyette about the storage of the Winter sand. Oliphant also read a response he received from DOT that the storage was in compliance with DOT rules. The Chairman continued to correct errors in several articles written the last several weeks by Rosanne Boyette, Reporter for the Epitaph-News.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
March 20 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7 PM
18. Recess: The Board took a 10-minute recess before going into the Closed Session portion.
Chairman Skip Oliphant opened the Closed Session under Wis. State Statute 19.85 to review Patrolman position applications. Six applications were received, in which the Board chose two people to interview. The Board reconvened into open session.
Chairman Oliphant scheduled a Closed Session for Thursday, February 22 at 6 PM to interview two Patrolmen applicants and at approximately 7:30 PM the Board will Audit the Clerk and Treasurer 2006 records and checkbooks.
19. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_____________________Date: February 21, 2007_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639