Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
The regular meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 21 was rescheduled to Tuesday, Nov. 28 due to a lack of a quorum; Chairman Oliphant was the only Board member in attendance. Nov. 28 was changed to the 29th due to a conflict with one of the Board members.
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members present. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: The Board was questioned if proper notice at the three posting locations within the last 24 hrs. since the meeting was postponed from the 28th. After much discussion, the Board chose the review the agenda items and to reschedule to meet on Friday, December 1 at 8:30 AM to vote on agenda items. Clerk Yttri will post the proper notifications.
7. Review Building Permits: Clair Morrison, Jr. requested that the N. Elk Run Rd be closed in order for him to have a trailer home moved in. Shane will check on this.
10. 2006 Road Improvement Project Costs: Clerk Yttri had prepared a paper that listed the total costs of 4.3 miles of town road that was reconstructed and a per/mile cost of the project. The Board responded to audience questions and concerns. Boyette stated that the figures should have included the town employees’ wages while they worked on the road project.
13. Public Input: Boyette read statement from Joe Swanson asking why the Town did not participate in the joint mandated Comprehensive Planning between several area municipalities. Chairman Oliphant explained that the residents objected to any Comprehensive Planning program at last year’s April Annual Meeting; he was going along with their wishes. Road weight limits were discussed and were requested to be put on next months meeting agenda. Addresses, road names and mailbox locations were discussed that are located in the Avalanche village area. Chairman Oliphant will research this with the 911-address system at the Sheriffs office.
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 8:30 AM with all members present. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri stated that the meeting was posted at 3-4 different places for the minimum of 24 hrs prior to today’s meeting.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the October 17, 2006 regular meeting. He asked the Chair asked if he wished to have the minutes read aloud, and the Chair said that since printed copies of the minutes had been made available at the meeting as well as on the town’s website, the Board members could silently review the printed form. Nemec moved to approve the minutes as read, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $43,754.12 and the monthly bills total $116,522.75. The Board chose to pay $5,000 of the Scott Construction bill, $5,000 to the La Farge State Bank (on loan) and $16,182.00 toward the other bills. Parker moved to approve the payment of other bills presented, seconded by Nemec. Later during the meeting, the Board approved to purchase communication radios for a total price of $8,359.94. Parker amended the motion to include the radio purchase and to withdraw the payment to the La Farge State Bank, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Radio Grant: Nemec moved to purchase the vehicle portable radios for $8,359.94 of which the grant will cover 75% of the cost, Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
11. Recycling Center Winter Hours: Parker moved to close the Recycling Center Wednesday hours until the end on February, Nemec seconded. Motion carried. Clerk Yttri will post the closing.
12. Patrolman’s Report: Shane reported that the Dodge pickup has concerns and it had to be towed from Westby area after it failed to start.
14. Board Comments: No Board comments.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
December 19 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_____________________Date: December 1, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639