Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members present with the exception of Supervisor Parker. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting the of Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, Skip Oliphant seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the September 19 regular meeting. He asked the Chair asked if he wished to have the minutes read aloud, and the Chair said that since printed copies of the minutes had been made available at the meeting as well as on the town’s website, the Board members could silently review the printed form. Nemec moved to approve the minutes as read, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $22,763.89 and the monthly bills total $124,954.62. The Board chose to pay $10,000 of the Scott Construction bill. Nemec moved to approve the payment of other bills presented, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: There were none.
8. Fire Number Applications: Harry Peterson, Bernard Pitsch
9. Radio Grant: On September 30, Board members attended a meeting at the Vernon County Emergency Government to get updated on the grant that has been awarded to replace/upgrade the radio system. The grant will cover 75% of the cost, and the Town 25% or $2,265.00. A decision was tabled until next month’s meeting.
10. Lange Signage Options: Nemec made a motion to change the Fire/Road # signage to a flag type sign with lettering on both sides and road name added to the sign at an additional cost of $2.00 per sign. Seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
11. Joint Comprehensive Planning Meeting: The Board discussed the adoption of a Resolution to join with several other local boards for a grant to research the benefits of Comprehensive Planning. The Board tabled the vote until Friday, Oct. 20, 8:30 AM when all the Board members could be present.
12. 2006 Budget Update: The Board reviewed a proposed 2007 Budget that Clerk Yttri had prepared. Questions were clarified. The 2007 Budget Hearing was set for Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 7 PM. The Board will meet the week of the Nov. 5th to review any other Budget changes.
13. Patrolman’s Report: Shane reported that they are continuing the fall mowing and brushing and installation of new Fire/road #’s signs. The Dodge pickup has concerns and Mark’s truck is having clutch and exhaust repairs done.
16. Public Input: General discussion items were brought up.
15. Board Comments: No Board comments.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
October 20 – Comprehensive Planning Resolution, 8:30 AM, Town Hall
October 26 – WTA Vernon Co. Unit will meet in Viroqua, 7:30 PM
November 7 – General Election 7 AM – 8 PM
November 14 -- 2007 Budget Hearing, 7 PM
November 21 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Oliphant. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_____________________Date: October 17, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639