Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members. A total of 12 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the August 15 regular meeting. He asked the Chair asked if he wished to have the minutes read aloud, and the Chair said that since printed copies of the minutes had been made available at the meeting as well as on the town’s website, the Board members could silently review the printed form.
Parker moved to approve the minutes as read, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $29,713.85 and the monthly bills total $129.812.43. The clerk noted that the final $23,000 highway aid payment would be deposited first Tuesday of Oct. The Board questioned the Vernon Cty Highway bill, Clerk Yttri will check on this prior to payment. The Board chose to pay $10,000 of the Scott Construction bill. Parker moved to approve the payment of other bills presented, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: There were none.
8. Fire Number Applications: Steve Herson, David Hege (2)
9. Vernon Co. Humane Society: The Humane Society had submitted a contract to serve the Town with collection of dogs and cats at a fairly high rate. The Board chose to stay with the pay per dog-captured rate same as last year when 6 dogs were caught for a fee of $119.50 per animal. Nemec moved to sign the contract, seconded by Parker.
10. Fall Clean-up/Recycling Date: October 7 was set for the large item clean-up date.
11. 2006 Budget Update: Subject tabled
12. Election Voter Machine Info: The Clerk stated that 37 of the 64 voters used the new voting machine in the Fall Primary Election.
13. Radio Grant: Vernon County Emergency Government has notified the Town that a Grant has been awarded to replace/upgrade the radio system by covering 75% of the cost. Further detains will discussed at a meeting on September 30 in Viroqua.
14. NIMS Compliance by Municipalities: NIMS training for all the Town Board has been completed. This assures any Federal Funding for emergency cases.
15. Patrolman’s Report: Shane reported that they are starting the fall mowing, brushing of all Town roads and bridge warning signs have been updated. The Board will review with the employees the annual bridge inspection report that was just completed and repair area that are needed.
16. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette questioned the status of the Melvin Cemetery usage by others, Chairmen Oliphant has not received any response since he cited the procedure for usage. She also requested that the agendas be posted at all locations.
15. Board Comments: Chairmen Oliphant thanked Doug Clark and Tim Parr for seeding the road banks by their property.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
October 11 – Join Comprehensive Planning Meeting- Kickapoo Reserve at 5 PM
October 17 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 15-18 – Wisconsin Town Association State Conference, La Crosse
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_____________________Date: September 19, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639