Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with all members present except for Treasurer Jan Parker. A total of 12 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the July 18 regular meeting. He asked the Chair asked if he wished to have the minutes read aloud, and the Chair said that since printed copies of the minutes had been made available at the meeting as well as on the town’s website, the Board members could silently review the printed form.
Parker moved to approve the minutes as read, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $10,451.00 and the monthly bills total $25,935.88. The clerk noted that the next week the 2nd half of the Real Estate settlement payment would be deposited. Nemec moved to approve the payment of bills presented, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits – Building permit report included those requested by Franklin Beechy, Shawn Russel, and Dave Varney
8. Fire Number Applications – There were none.
9. Vernon Co-op Oil Lp Gas Contract – Vernon Co-op submitted a bid of $1.32 per gal. for LP Gas for the 2006-2007 winter heating season. Parker moved to sign the contract, seconded by Nemec.
10. Reply to Notice of Claim – Parker made a motion to deny the claim from Rosanne Boyette, seconded by Nemec.
11. NIMS Compliance by Municipalities: Nemec made a motion to sign the NIMS Compliance Resolution, seconded by Parker.
12. Sign Patrolmen’s 2006-2008 Contract: The patrolmen have withdrawn their membership in the IBEW Local Union 953. The Board reviewed the revised contract with the patrolmen. The new contract is for 2 years from August 1, 2006 to July 31, 2008. Language addition to Vacation was to add (d.) Upon completion of 9 years of employment, an employee will be eligible for an additional ½ day of vacation.
Salary adjustments were: 2006-2007 Head Patrolman $.30 raise = $14.55 per hr.
Patrolman $.50 raise = $12.50 per hr.
2007-2008 Head Patrolman $.30 raise = $14.85 per hr.
Patrolman $.50 raise = $13.00 per hr.
Parker made a motion to sign the updated employee contract, seconded by Nemec.
13. Patrolman’s Report: Seal coating started today on Salem Ridge, Buckeye Ridge, Ames Road and Brush Hollow Rd. will be completed. They are starting the fall mowing, brushing of all Town roads. Cleanup day will be set for October.
14. Public Input: Jack Lee stated that the “No Dumping “ signs were removed from Tunnelville Rd. Rosanne Boyette complimented the Town’s Internet Website and requested that the Burning Permit Application be added to the Website. Art Thelen volunteered to grind bales for mulch along Buckeye Ridge Rd.
15. Board Comments: The Town Clerk will add suggestions to the Website. The population of the Town has increased to 740 people with 484 eligible voters.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
September 12 – Fall Primary Election 7 AM – 8 PM
September 19 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 15-18 – Wisconsin Town Association State Conference, La Crosse
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_______________________Date: August 15, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639