Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:05 PM with all members present except for Supervisor Gordon Nemec A total of 14 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Tim Parker moved to adopt the agenda with the deletion of item 11: Flag Presentation which was a typographical clerk’s error. Oliphant seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri provided copies of the minutes of the June 20 regular meeting. He asked the Chair asked if he wished to have the minutes read aloud, and the Chair said that since printed copies of the minutes had been made available at the meeting as well as on the town’s website, the Board members could silently review the printed form.
Parker moved to approve the minutes as read, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $24,599.60 and the monthly bills total $24,284.81. The clerk noted that the next income is expected near the end of August. Parker moved to approve the payment of bills presented, except that half of the La Farge Fire Department dues and half of the La Farge Truck Center’s bill, and all of the Vernon Highway Department bill would be delayed until next month. Motion seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits – Building permit report included those requested by Jody Wirts, Richard Millner, and Tom Miron.
8. Fire Number Applications – Applications were reported from Perry Beechy, Dan Carlo, and Mike Tuszynski.
9. Property Insurance Update: The quote from Kathy Wong, representing Hofmeister Insurance Company was $838.00 higher than the amount the town is currently paying to insure through Rural Insurance Company. No change in insurance will be made at this time. Parker asked for a more detailed study of what our insurance covers, at what rate, and whether it is for replacement cost. Clerk Yttri volunteered to make copies for the Board.
10. Melvin Cemetery: Some members of the Amish community had requested information on the possibility of using the Melvin Cemetery for burials. Oliphant reported his research of the Vernon County Cemetery Ordinance. The issue was tabled for further research and discussion with Amish representatives.
11. Item Deleted.
12. NIMS Compliance by Municipalities: Chair Oliphant reported that all elected officials will need to attend classes to become certified under NIMS requirements. Training completion is tied to federal funding for the town. Chair Oliphant has completed one course already.
13. WTA at BRF Review: Oliphant reported on his attendance at a training session of the Wisconsin Towns Association held at Black River Falls. Legislative updates, and other informational seminars were included.
14. Patrolman’s Report: Ditching is continuing on the west end of Buckeye Road. Tubes have been installed in preparation for seal coating which is scheduled to begin on Aug 14. Ames Road will be done on Aug. 7 when the Town of Viroqua does their share of that road.
15. Board Comments: No Board comments.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
July 27 – Vernon County Town Association Picnic, Kickapoo Reserve, 7:00PM
Preceded by Tour of Manure Digester at Wild Rose Dairy, 5:00 PM
August 15 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 15-18 – Wisconsin Town Association State Conference, La Crosse
17. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn, seconded by Oliphant. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_______________________Date: July 18, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639