Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM. A total of 18 people were in attendance plus all board members.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led those in attendance in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda after item #13 was deleted from the agenda list. Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Nemec moved to approve the minutes with one change. He stated that at the hearing for the Revised Burning Ordinance, his motion was not to adopt the revised ordinance. In any event, the motion died for lack of a second. Parker seconded the motion to approve the amended minutes. Motion carried.
6. La Farge School Referendum: La Farge Superintendent, Al Szepi and Board member Robbie Strait presented information on the upcoming school referendum in the La Farge School District to exceed revenue caps for the next 3-years.
A Vernon County Sheriff’s Deputy who was there to escort Epitaph-News Reporter, Rosanne Boyette from the meeting, interrupted the meeting. The Town Board had designated an area near the office desk last month as a seating arrangement for all reporters. This evening, Chair Oliphant asked Boyette three times to move to that area, and she refused. Oliphant took a short recess to call the Sheriff’s Dept. The Deputy arrived about 15 minutes later and escorted Boyette from the meeting.
7. Review/Payment of Bills: The current bills totaled $11,505.14 and the checkbook balance is at $51,996.72. In addition, the second Highway Aid deposit is expected in early April. A motion was made by Parker to approve all bills for payment, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
8. Opening of Seal Coat Surfacing Bids: There were three bids submitted, they were:
Scott Construction Single hard seal = $8,907.40
Single double seal = $14,889.50
Fahrner Asphalt Sealers -- Apply 170 degree emulsified asphalt
Single seal = $10,916.00
Double seal = $21,943.00
“ “ “ -- Apply 340 degree AC blend oil
Single seal = $11,600.00
Double seal = $23,311.00
Mathy Construction Co. requested to meet with the Board to discuss paving options.
The Board will review each bid and will decide whom to award the contract to at next month’s meeting.
9. Review Building Permits – Resident Reggie Chamberlain was issued a Building Permit.
10. Fire Number Applications – A fire number was ordered for a cabin on County Rd S near Brush Hollow.
11. Set Disaster Rate for Use of Equipment & Labor –The Board reviewed the rates charged by Vernon County for men & equipment usage in the case of disasters. Nemec made the motion to have the Town of Webster use the same rates, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
12. Election Accessibility Grant Update – Clerk Yttri stated that he received the $1,250.00 Accessibility Grant. He also spoke with Sheldon’s Asphalt Co. to ask whether the work could be completed by the April 4th Spring Election. Sheldon’s stated that the current weather and ground conditions will not allow this project to be done by that date.
14. Bids for Lawn Mowing -- Clerk Yttri was advised to advertise for bids for lawn mowing for town hall area and Mt. Zion Cemetery with bids to be opened at next month’s meeting.
15. Patrolman Report: Shane Stone reported that the patrolmen have been busy brushing area roads. The two Town trucks were repaired. The 2001 Truck had brakes and anti-freeze leak concerns.
16. Board Comments: Clerk Yttri asked the Epitaph-News Reporter to correct her news report about the Amish being paid to insulate the Town Shop. When she had previously asked the Clerk about this, he had told her that the Amish donated their time.
17. Public Input: No Public Input.
18. Future Meeting Dates:
April 4 – Spring Election, Poll Hours: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
April 11 – Annual Town Meeting at 8 PM
April 18 -- Monthly Board Meeting at 7 PM.
19. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn. Nemec seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_______________________Date: March 21, 2006
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639