Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors, Gordon Nemec and Daniel Arnold, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri were present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts; Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper; residents Gene Lyons, and Ken Hammond.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the April 18 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $100,345.73 with the monthly bills total is $6,991.40. (The balance of the Line-of-Credit from Farmers State Bank 2016 Flood Damage was transferred to the checking acct.) Nemec moved to pay bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Dave Nedland (Lori Krause) $300,000
8. Fire/Road # Applications: John Clift, Scott Verhunce, Eric Lorenzen
9. Review and Sign ATV/UTV Route Ordinance: Ken Hammond amended/condensed the ordinance to save paper. Young moved to adopt the ATV/UTV Ordinance with the revisions, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
9.5 Letter of Support for County Rd Routes for VC Highway Dept: The board discussed the county road routes D, S, and SS that the town will ask permission from the county highway dept. Nemec moved to have the clerk draft a letter to address this issue, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
10. Update FEMA Process Flood Damage Repairs on Town Roads: The board continues to work with the staff in the Chicago office.
11. Sign Veterans Graves Form for Salem Ridge Cemetery: The board signed the required forms for reimbursement.
12. Plan Road Work Projects for the Year: Several road repairs were discussed and the board chose the priority plans are to repair the flood damaged seal-coat roads from the last September flood.
13. Set Date for Road Tour: The board chose to not tour the roads this year, since there is a lot of flood damage and lack of funds for any additional repairs.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim has been patching roads, cleaned out culverts, brought in new culverts and had breaker run and gravel added to the stock-pile.
15. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: Young discussed the condition of Parr barn on Cty. Rd SS, he has notified the county highway dept. and the owners. Arnold will work on plans for repair on the sand/salt shed. June 15 at 6:00 PM is the date set for the informational meeting on the River Rd Bridge replacement.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
May 30 – Open Book, 4:00 – 6:00 PM; BOR, 6:00 to 8:00 PM
June 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 16, 2017
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639