Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
Clerk Yttri conducted the swearing in newly elected town officials prior to the Annual Meeting at 7:00 PM.
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 8:10 PM with Supervisors, Gordon Nemec and Daniel Arnold, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri were present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts; Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper; residents Gene Lyons, and Ken Hammond.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the March 21 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $46,114.55 with the monthly bills total is $15,631.44. (The VC Highway bill of $6,400.00 will be held for a month and the $29,500.00 2015 Freightliner Truck loan payment is due this month.) Nemec moved to pay bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Adopt ATV/UTV Route Ordinance: The board discussed the draft and changed #5-D-5 taking out the speed limit and ending the sentence after (……right-hand side.) Nemec moved to approve the ATV/UTV Route Ordinance 2017-01, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
10. Update FEMA Process Flood Damage Repairs on Town Roads: Clerk Yttri has been working with a FEMA staff person located in Chicago with describing the damages and flood documentation. Chair Young called a meeting on May 2, 9:00 AM to review the FEMA application that the clerk had e-mail to him.
11. Open Mowing Bids for the Town Hall and Mt. Zion Cemetery: Twombids were received: 1) Town Hall—BS Mowing, $50.00 each time; 2) Mt. Zion Cemetery – Huebsch Mowing, $40.00 each time. Nemec moved to accept the bid for Mt Zion, seconded by Arnold. Young moved to accept the bid for the Town Hall, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
12. Discuss Building Permit Fee Prices and Processes: The board will discuss this issue over the summer mouths.
13. Discuss Fees for New and Replacement Fire/Road Numbers: The board will discuss this issue over the summer mouths.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim has been patching roads, cleaned out culverts, brought in new culverts and had breaker run and gravel added to the stock-pile.
15. Public Input: Gene Lyons thanked the patrolmen for their assistance on his private road when needed.
16. Board Comments: Young discussed the tour of Duck Creek Rd damages on Friday, April 21.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
April 27 – WTA Quarterly Meeting in Vernon County Court House, 7:30 PM
May 2 – WTA Town Officials Workshop at Tomah, 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
May 16 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
May 30 – Open Book, 4:00 – 6:00 PM; BOR, 6:00 to 8:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 18, 2017
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639