Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors, Gordon Nemec and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri were present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts; Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper; residents Robert and Roger Widner, Gene Lyons, and Ken Hammond, Tom Lukens, Jack and Maggie Lee, Kevin and Patsy Alderson, Jean Beck, VC Judge candidates: Darcy Rood and Tim Gaskel, and road work bidders.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda after moving the road bids and county judicial candidates before the other town items, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the January 17 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $54,683.19 with the monthly bills total is $5,948.07. Nemec moved to pay bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
10. Open Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2017 Season: The Kraemer Co. was the only bidder for the Crushed Rock this year.
¾” Base Course Delivered $8.91 per cu. yd. or $6.60 per ton
“ “ “ Picked Up 7.86 “ “ “ 5.82 “ “
3” Minus Breaker Run Delivered 8.91 “ “ “ 6.60 “ “
“ “ “ “ Picked Up 7.86 “ “ “ 5.82 “ “
Screenings Delivered 8.67 “ “ “ 6.42 “ “
“ Picked Up 6.71 “ “ “ 4.97 “ “
RipRap Delivered 18.73 “ “ “ 14.41 “ “
“ Picked Up 14.63 “ “ “ 11.25 “ “
Pulverizing is $4,395.00 per mile. Young moved to accept the bids from the Kraemer Co. as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Request Bids for Sealcoat for the 2017 Season:
Fahrner Co. Bid for Limestone Single Seal was $13,965 and Double Seal was $27,930/mi
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ “ $14,958 “ “ “ “ $29,916 “
Thelen made a motion to accept the bids from Fahrner Co. as presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
9. Vernon County Judge Candidates: Tim Gaskel and Darcy Rood: Each of the candidates gave a 10 minute summary of their background, current positions and plans if they are elected as the VC Judge.
12. Roger Widner Garage Structure Removal/Demo in Avalanche: The board continued this discussion with Roger as to him owning the garage and the town owning the land that it sets on. He would like to leave the building there and use it as he wishes which is not an option at this time. Thelen moved that the building and/or its contents be removed by July 1, 2017, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
13. Draft ATV/UTV Route Ordinance by Ken Hammand: Ken handed out a draft ordinance for the public and board to review, there are areas that can be deleted or modified by the board if need be. There was a lot of discussion on which roads or all roads, noise issues, traffic with horse and buggy, bicycle riders and signage costs. The board will continue this discussion monthly and make a decision at the annual meeting in April.
14. Update FEMA Process Flood Damage Repairs on Town Roads: There has not been any contact with FEMA about when the representative would be in the town.
15. Review VC Sheriff Dept. Info on Meth Lab Presentation at the Wis. Towns Asso.: Clerk Yttri distributed hand-outs that he received at the WTA meeting. The county judge candidates had also spoke on the severity of this problem in Vernon County.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim has repaired the salt and sand sheds, put up fire/number signs and put up the railings on the River Rd Bridge.
17. Public Input: none
18. Board Comments: Young thanked the board members who attended the La Farge Fire Dept. and EMS Asso. supper.
19. Future Meeting Dates:
March 21 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
March 24 – WTA District Meeting Tomah, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
20. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: February 22, 2017
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639