Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:10 PM (after the Annual Town Caucus was completed) with Supervisors, Gordon Nemec and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri were present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker; Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper; residents Robert and Roger Widner, Gene Lyons, and Ken Hammond.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the December 21 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $279,202.24 with the monthly bills total is $238,708.65. Nemec moved to pay bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Roger Widner Garage Structure Removal/Demo in Avalanche: Roger Widner owns the Avalanche Store and a garage that located south of the store. FEMA has bought the store and is going to demolish the building. The garage is not in the buy-out program and is set on the proposed street that was plotted back in the 40’s and now this land is owned by the Town of Webster. The board is studying what to do with this garage: leave it there, move it or demo the site. The board had asked the county to add this garage to the bid contract for a demo plan. The Widner brothers requested to have it left there or they might move it. Thelen moved to table this discussion until next month’s meeting and continue more research on this site, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
10. Update from Ken Hammand on ATV/UTV Town Routing Options: Ken reported that there are 109 intersections, 38 dead end roads, and 9 private roads with road signs to confuse the public. He is trying to figure out how many and where ATV/UTV signs are needed or placed. The board would like to continue this discussion monthly and make a decision at the annual meeting in April.
11. Update FEMA Process Flood Damage Repairs on Town Roads: There has not been any contact with FEMA about when the representative would be in the town.
12. Request for Seal Coat and Road Bids for 2017 Road Repair Projects: The board instructed the clerk to advertize for these bids for the February meeting.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim has repaired a major hydraulic leak on the Case 621 Loader, ordered more screening and should know the status of salt available for mixing tomorrow.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: Young stated that the salt/sand shed had needed repairs to the roof completed.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
February 22 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
January 26 – WTA Meeting Viroqua Cty Bd Room, 7:30 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: January 17, 2017
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639