Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Gordon Nemec, Art Thelen (arrived late), and Clerk Ole Yttri were present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker; Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper; residents Gene Lyons, Ken Hammond, and Harlan Gleason. Contractor Bill Lepke was also in attendance. Treasurer Jan Parker was unable to attend.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the September 20 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $78,540.88 with the monthly bills total is $5,789.12 and Fahrner Sealcoat bill of $111,823.00. Nemec moved to pay bills and pay Fahrner $40,000.00 on their bill, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: Mike Strait and Doug Clark (apartment in garage)
9. Adopt a Resolution to Modify the Municipal Flood Control Grant Program and Enter into a Cooperative Agreement – Diane McGinnis VC Grant Writer: Nemec moved to adopt the resolution as long as the Town of Clinton Board is OK with this process, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried
10. Review Bridge Report Options: The board and patrolmen will review this report.
11. Review Tunnelville Rd/Kickapoo River Project-Paul Krahn VC Land & Water Dept: There are no changes from last month. Project is planned to be completed this year.
12. Plan Flood Damage Repairs on Town Roads: The board reviewed the flood repair road projects with contractor Bill Lepke as to the area completed and future directions to complete the work.
13. Review 2017 Budget Information to-date: Clerk Yttri reviewed the 2017 Budget est. that he had put together. Major issue will be the flood repair costs and assistance toward these bills.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim has been working on the flood damaged roads and informing residents what and when repairs will be done.
15. Public Input: Jack and Magie Lee asked about adding guard rails on the newly installed culvert on Tunnelville Rd. Gene Lyons helped with the fall clean-up and stated that the board should consider having one clean-up per year (low volume this fall).
16. Board Comments: Yttri discussed the upcoming election and Young informed the board of the annual meeting of the La Farge Fire Asso. and EMS Assos.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
October 27 – WTA Cty Meeting VC Board Room, 7:30 PM
November 8 – General Election, 7:00 AM --- 8:00 PM
November 15 – 2017 Budget Hearing, 7:00 PM
November 15 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:30 PM ???
18. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 18, 2016
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639