Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Gordon Nemec and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Reporter Lonnie Muller, resident Gene Lyons, Stephen Cortel-land owner on Duck Creek Rd., Westby School rep. and several road material venders.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda moving items #10 & 11 after #6 Bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the February 17, 2016 meeting was presented. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $79,999.36 with the monthly bills total is $2,191.15. Nemec moved to pay bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Open Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2016 Season: The Kraemer Co. was the only bidder for the Crushed Rock this year.
¾” Base Course Delivered $8.61 per cu. yd. or $6.38 per ton
“ “ “ Picked Up 7.61 “ “ “ 5.64 “ “
3” Minus Breaker Run Delivered 8.61 “ “ “ 6.38 “ “
“ “ “ “ Picked Up 7.61 “ “ “ 5.64 “ “
Screenings Delivered 8.37 “ “ “ 6.20 “ “
“ Picked Up 6.55 “ “ “ 4.85 “ “
RipRap Delivered 17.85 “ “ “ 13.73 “ “
“ Picked Up 13.00 “ “ “ 10.00 “ “
Pulverizing is $4,395.00 per mile. Young moved to accept the bids from the Kraemer Co. as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Request Bids for Sealcoat for the 2016 Season:
Fahrner Co. Bid for Limestone Single Seal was $14,585 and Double Seal was $29,170/mi
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ “ $14,676 “ “ “ “ $29,348 “
Thelen made a motion to accept the bids from Fahrner Co. as presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried
12. Resident Request to Close Duck Creek Rd: Stephen Cortel stated that he has bought Babson Farms, about 1,000 acres of cattle grazing property. He would like to have Town of Webster portion of the road closed, about 2.5 miles since he owns property on both sides of the road except for two landowners. He said that both of them have verbally agreed to the closure. MVC borders the road near County Rd SS and they also approve of the closure. The town receives state aid on the road of about $5,500 per year and there is a federally funded bridge that will need to be researched if the road is closed. The board took no action but will discuss it at the annual meeting and next monthly meetings.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Presentation from Westby Schools about upcoming Building Referendum: Linda Dowling, Westby Area Schools Fine Arts Center building referendum representative informed the meeting attendees of the costs and plans for this addition.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim stated that they continue snow plowing, installed 6 fire/road signs, sand & salt piles moved under roof, toured sand/salt shed with salt inspector and review shed repair needs with Amish contractor.
-Safety Training Session at VC Highway Dept. Shop- Tim and Jody attended the all-day training on highway and quarry safety training at the VC Highway Shop.
14. Public Input: Resident, Gene Lyons asked about safety issue entering and leaving town shop area onto Hwy 82. Pam Hysel needed the contact info for the town assessor.
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
March 18 – WTA District Meeting in Tomah--- John, Ole, & Jan
April 5 – Spring Election Date, 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
April 6 – Wednesday Recycling Center Opening, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
April 19 – Town Annual Meeting, 7:00 PM
April 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, (following annual meeting)
17. Young moved to enter into a closed session, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
Thelen moved to reconvene into open session, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
Young moved to raise Head Pratolman Tim Walker’s hourly wage equal to Patrolman Jody Wirts’s hourly rate of pay by the end of the two year contract, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
16. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: March 15, 2016
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639