Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Others in attendance were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Lonnie Muller, Episcope newspaper, and residents Gene Lyons and Joel Swanson. Supervisor Art Thelen could not attend.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (Episcope newspaper, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the May 17, 2016 meeting was presented. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $34,228.56 with the monthly bills total is $16,680.36. Nemec moved to pay bills and pay $5,000 toward a note at the Farmers State Bank and contract 1,500 gal. of LP Gas from Premier Co-op for the 2016-2017 heating season, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Steve Brandl, Ole Yttri
8. Fire/Road # Applications: John Milas, Kathy Brown
9. Presentation by Pam Hammond, Wis. Deferred Compensation Program: She was not in attendance. (After the meeting, Clerk Yttri checked his notes and realized that she was scheduled for the July meeting).
10. Issue Liquor License Renewal and Server Licenses for Serendipity Golf Club and Trillium B & B Businesses: Jeff Garrett, Serendipity Golf Club, was not in attendance but the board renewed his license for a fee of $250.00 and $10.00 for each server license. Joel Swanson, Trillium B & B business requested a license to sell and serve wine and beer products to their customers while they stay at their B&B. Clerk Yttri will work with Joal to complete the application forms before the EOM for the same fee schedule. Young moved to approve the two applications, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Review Bid for Avalanche Rd and Croell Co. Entrance Repair Plans: Randy Jacobson submitted a bid of $6,600.00 for the Town’s share of the project and Croell Co. will assist with the cement products and the grading of the area. Nemec moved to proceed with the project, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Approve Resolution 2016-4 S. Elk Run Rd Project: Young moved to approve the resolution, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
13. Approve Resolution 2016-5 River Road Project: Young moved to approve the resolution, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
14. Discuss Haugrud Hollow Rd 1st Bridge Repair Options: The board expressed to continue to call a special meeting with VC Hwy Dept Commissioner and DNR Representative to research options for the repairs that are needed.
15. Review Sealcoat Road Projects for this Summer: The board reviewed the list of the road projects est. costs from the Fahener Co. rep. Nemec moved to proceed with the projects but keep the total cost at the $100,000.00 max. level, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
16. Discuss Sand/Salt Shed Remodel Bid: The board chose to put on hold till Sept/Oct time-line.
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Tim stated that the recall on the freightliner radiator was being completed, pot holes are being filled, mowing continues and the sweeper has been in use.
18. Public Input: none
19. Board Comments: none
20. Future Meeting Dates:
July 21 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
July 28 – WTA Picnic La Farge Area ?? 6:00 PM
21. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 21, 2016
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639