Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Gene Lyons, VC Grant Writer-Michele Engh, Roger Widner, Rural Ins. Agent-Kevin Bluske and Episcope Reporter Lonnie Muller.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda with the addition of item # 12.5-G.L. CDL testing services, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the November 17, 2015 meeting was presented. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $24,356.30 with the monthly bills total is $27,162.01. Nemec moved to hold the VC Highway bill till the end-of-the-month and pay the balance of the bills as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Thomas Weber ($52,000) & Mical Hege ($8,000)
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Update from Rural Ins. Co. Agent--Kevin Bluske: Kevin reviewed the policy with the board- deleted the 2001 IH Truck and sander and added the new 2015 Freightliner Truck. Young moved to accept the insurance update contract, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Avalanche Buy-out Property Areas: Michele Engh, VC Grant writer, reviewed the current progress with the buy-out figures and property owners. Two of the parcels are co-sponsored between the town and DNR with no financial commitment from the town. Some of the parcels that were purchased 40-50 years ago are legally still owned by the town and the Widner Brothers. The brothers would like these properties be included in the current buy-out. The board supported this process for Michele to pursue with DNR with no financial obligation from the town. She will follow up with this process. Michele also informed the board of another $1.2 mil. buy-out for some homes in Bloomingdale, River Rd Bridge replacement and a Dam repair in the Town of Franklin. The grant would cover 100% of the cost of the bridge replacement. She will keep the board informed.
11. Review/Approve Election Inspectors List: Yttri presented the list of inspectors, (see attached list). Nemec moved to approve the names on the list, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Renew VC Humane Society 2016 Contract: The Young made a motion to approve to continue with this service at $190.00 per dog if it was taken to their facility, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
13. La Farge Fire Dept - Fire Call Fee Adjustment Resolution: Young and Yttri explained the resolution and how this will offset some of the costs that the town incurs when fire and accident calls are not collected. This process adds about $2,200.00 to the fire cost line item in the 2016 Town Budget. The town can still bill the fire/accident party to recover part of this expense. Nemec moved to not bill for fire/accident calls for the fiscal year 2016, seconded by Thelen. Young abstained from voting. Motion carried.
14. Recycling Center Volume & Expenditures Options: The board discussed several options and costs to rectify the problems. Signage and educational issues need to be addressed. The local 4-H Club might be able to assist this issue.
15. Recycling Center Holiday Open Days/Hours: The center will be open the full day on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2 since the center attendant is available both days.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated they were truck-less for two hours between the sale of a truck and repairs to the other two. Unusual road repairs were needed since there is such warm weather conditions. Walker and Yttri completed the Paser/Wislar road rating report for 2015.
17. Public Input: none
18. Board Comments: Treasurer Parker state that tax moneys are coming in.
19. Future Meeting Dates:
January 19 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
20. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: December 15, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639