Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:15 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Gene Lyons
and Episcope Reporter Lonnie Muller.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the October 20, 2015 meeting was presented. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $38,350.52 with the monthly bills total is $31,241.29. Nemec moved to pay the bills as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Brent Waddell
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Freightliner Truck Repair & Sander Installation Progress: The Town has received the check from Rural Ins. for truck box damage for the amount of $2,390.00, which will be taken to the repair shop to cover the repair cost. A box vibrator was installed and wear shoes were purchased for the new snow plow. The sander will be installed later this year or early in 2016.
10. Plan for the IH 2001 Truck Sale on Wis. Surplus Auction Site: The truck sold for $19,000 with buyer paying the state tax and auction fees. The purchaser is from Elroy area and they plan to use the truck to plow their long driveways. Nemec moved to accept the sale price of $19,000 for the IH 2001 Truck as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried. These funds will cover the cost of the new sander.
11. Renew Implements of Husbandry Resolution (IHO) #2015-3: This resolution needed some state modifications and required to be acted on by the end of November and resubmitted to the state by the end of January 2016. Young moved to approve, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried
12. Adopt 2016 Town of Webster Budget: Thelen moved to adopt the 2016 Town of Webster Budget, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried
13. La Farge Fire Dept - Fire Call Fee Adjustment Resolution: Young and Yttri explained the resolution and how this will offset some of the costs that the town incurs when fire and accident calls are not collected. This process adds about $2,200.00 to the fire cost line item in the 2016 Town Budget. The town can still bill the fire/accident party to recover part of this expense. This item will be discussed in more detail at the December meeting.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated completed road patching for the year, tore-up part of Bloomingdale and Miller roads, installed new walk-in door on recycling shed and hauled in the winter supply of road salt.
15. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: none
17. Future Meeting Dates:
December 15 – Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 17, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639