Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Gene Lyons and Episcope Reporter Lonnie Muller.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the August 18, 2015 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $3,042.87 with the monthly bills total is $29,636.67 leaving a negative balance of $26,593.80. Young made a motion to borrow a short term note of $50,000 from the La Farge State Bank to cover the current bills, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Cheri Waddell ($10,000)
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Update on Avalanche Buyout Grant Project: Nemec made a motion to adjourn into closed session pursuant to §19.85 (1)(e) for Deliberating the purchasing of public properties, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
Michele Engh had informed the board that the town is involved with two of the buy-out parcels along with the DNR. The board reviewed the required information. Nemec moved to reconvene in open session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes Section 19.85(2), seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
Nemec moved to approve the Offer-to-Purchase document, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
10. Plan for the IH 2001 Truck Sale on Wis. Surplus Auction Site: Nemec made a motion to adjourn into closed session pursuant to §19.85 (1)(e) for Deliberating the sale of public properties, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried. The board discussed the minimum bid plan prior to the release of the truck sale. Nemec moved to reconvene in open session pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes Section 19.85(2), seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Update from Building Inspector, Wayne Haugrud: Nemec moved to Table this discussion until next month when Wayne would available to attend, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated the busy cutting and spraying weeds, spreading screenings on roads during the hot days, got the grader back, frost plug replaced on the Dodge pickup, 2005 IH Truck oil leak repaired, and the dead end roads graveled and graded.
13. Public Input: Jean Beck questioned the future plans for the Croell Quarry area since it appears they are digging all over their eighty acres that they own.
14. Board Comments: Clean-up days set for October 16 and 17th.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
October 20 --Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
16. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 15, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639