Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Gene Lyons and Episcope Reporter Lonnie Muller.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the July 21, 2015 meeting was presented. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $122,193.73 with the August RE Tax deposit of $82,476.99 and the monthly bills total is $113,665.27. Thelen made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Mark Telshaw ($40,000)
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Update on Avalanche Buyout Grant Project: Michele Engh had informed Clerk Yttri that the Buyout Funds were getting closer to be finalized and that before the home owners could be told their values, the Town Board had to meet or give a representative the OK to continue the process. The board chose to call a special meeting if needed to review the offers.
10. Approve Brush Hollow Cemetery Veteran Graves Documents: The board signed the documents and Yttri will get them to the county clerk’s office.
11. Review Fence Disputes Issues on Ames Rd Area: The board OKed the response letter with some minor modifications.
-Resolution for Fees to be Charged to Land Owners that Requires Board Action to resolve:
Young made a motion to set fees for town board fence dispute viewings at $250.00 per landowner and per site visit to encourage neighbors to solve their own problems, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Discuss Issues with Croell Redi-Mix Co. on Avalanche Rd Area: The board viewed road damage issues at the Croell Quarry. The town and Croell Redi-Mix Co. will jointly repair the damage area.
13. Plan for the IH 2001 Truck Uses or Sale: Nemec moved to list the truck for sale on the Wis. Surplus Online Auction at a suggested price of $10,000-15,000. The board will add this note “bid subject to board approval’. This was seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14. Update on the Champion Road Grader Repairs: The board viewed the grader in the repair shop and were informed of the damage and repair costs est. at $20,000 – 25,000. Young made a motion to support the repairs, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated the busy cutting and spraying weeds, mowing and brush trimming along with filling pot-holes.
13. Public Input: none
14. Board Comments: none
15. Future Meeting Dates:
September 15 --Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
16. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: August 18, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639