Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Other attendees were Patrolmen Tim Walker and Jody Wirts, Gene Lyons and Episcope Reporter Lonnie Muller.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at two posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the June 16, 2015 meeting was presented. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $51,881.81 and the monthly bills total is $10,794.52. Nemec made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Dale Ehle
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Review Noxious Weed Problem Areas in the Town: Young made a motion to have the Clerk send the landowner a letter to remind him that noxious weeds need to cut yearly or the Town Board will have them cut at his expense, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Review VC Highway Dept Request for 2016 yr. Est. of Culvert Replacement Exceeding the 36” Diameter Size: The board stated that three large culverts will be needed. Tunnelville Rd needs 1-6’x40’ and 1-8’x40’, and Haugrud Hollow Rd 1-8’x40’.
11. Update the Board on Contracted LP Gas for the 2016 Heating Season: The board prepaid 3500 gals. of LP Gas from Premier Co-op for the 2016 heating season at a price of $1.009 per gal.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated the seal coating is completed on the roads that were prepared. Two ‘Men Working’ road signs were order from the VC Highway Dept. A gear box on the road grader broke that required Titan Equip. Co. to haul the grader to St. Joseph for repair and they brought a loaner for the patrolmen to use. Roadside mowing was done 2-times and the Brown Cemetery area was trimmed. They questioned the weeds and brush around the bridges and guard rails as to an easier process of cutting. Nemec offered his sprayed on his 4-wheeler or pickup to assist removing of these weeds and brush as long as the town would pay for the spray material.
13. Public Input: none
14. Board Comments: Nemec stated that McHenry Rd needs the brush and trees cut back since farm harvesting equipment uses that road during harvest.
Young reviewed the yearly bridge report. The main concern was with the River Rd Bridge that requires the railing be attached to the bridge even though it is very narrow for farm machinery to cross. Bridges are federally funded and they require railings be installed or the entire Vernon County is liable for accidents and any other federal funding for bridge repairs or replacements. The VC Highway Dept crew will assist with the installation with these guard rails.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
August 18 --Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
16. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: July 21, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639