Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at three posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the May 19, 2015 meeting was presented. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $58,089.26 and the monthly bills total is $20,086.86. Thelen made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Pearl Badtke
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Discuss Fence Issues Between William Butt and his Neighbor toward the N. This issue resolved itself between the two parties, no board action needed at this time.
10. Issue Liquor License Renewal and Server Licenses for Serendipity Golf Club: The club owners were called to remind them to attend this meeting……….They did arrive toward the end. Young moved to adopt their liquor license for the next 12 months, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Review Mowing Bids for Town Hall and Mt. Zion Cemetery: Eight Toes Mowing (Lucas Nordin) stated that he needed to raise his fee $5.00 per mowing the Town Hall area from last year’s fee to $45.00. Thelen made a motion to pay the increase, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried 2-1. (Young abstained from voting).
12. Discuss JD 6410 Mower Tractor Tires Options: The rear tires were replaced prior to the board meeting when one of the tires blow-out while in use and had to be replaced on a public road.
13. Review Sealcoat Bids and Select Road Projects for this Summer: The board reviewed around $90,000 of sealcoat road projects to be completed shortly and will consider other projects later in August if there are enough financial funds available to cover these costs. The board will review this issue at the July board meeting.
14. Review Letter from VC Solid Waste Dept., Gene Edwards: A letter was read about concerns with materials included in the weekly garbage containers that will need to be sorted out. The board will address this issue with the attendant. This led to further discussion with the increased volume of waste and the costs related. Several other municipalities charge for tags, bags or an honor system to offset the costs.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated they have taken the other sander off and mounted the broom sweeper on the IH 2005 truck. Jody has done some grading in preparation for the sealcoat projects.
16. Public Input: none
17. Board Comments: Young stated that the communication radio should be transferred from the IH 2001 truck to the new 2015 Freightliner truck at the est. cost of $200.00.
18. Future Meeting Dates:
July 21 --Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
July 30 – WTA Picnic will be held
19. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 16, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639