Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 8:45 PM after the Annual Town Board meeting, with Supervisors Gordie Nemec, Art Thelen Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at three posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the March 17, 2015 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $109,772.91 and the monthly bills total is $3,953.60. Thelen made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: Eric Hartwig
9. Request from Adam & Jill Varney, W. Salem Ridge Road, to Install a Water Pipe Under the Road: Adam informed the board that they were upgrading the current well system increasing the 10 gals./min. to 25 gals./min and would like to have the town board’s permission to drill under the town road and install a water system for their organic farming operation. Young made a motion to approve procedure as long it is placed 6-8 ft. under the road, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Discuss New Truck Options: At the annual meeting prior to this meeting, the board discussed purchasing options and payment plans for a new Freightliner Truck with a snow plow and rear dump box sander (nice for hot summer sanding in weeping sealcoat areas). The annual meeting attendees supported a 5-year RE Tax Assessment loan payment at $30,000 per year for a total of $150,000. The board was informed that the Farmers State Bank of Hillsboro/La Farge would loan the Town the funds at 1.75% over the five-year period. Young made a motion to approve purchase the 2015 Freightliner as presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Discuss Mowing Bids Process: The board chose to continue this bid process to the May board meeting.
12. Approve Salem Cemetery Veteran Graves Documents: The board signed and forwarded these forms to the VC Clerk’s office for payment.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated they have been started to do some pot-hole patching, planning summer road projects and repairing mower/brush cutter. Jody will not work many hours because of spring planting duties.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: The board will meet Friday, April 24 at 9:00 AM to conduct the annual road tour.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
April 30 – Wis. Town Asso. Meeting in Viroqua, 7:30 PM
May 19 --Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
May 26 – Open Book, 4:00 – 6:00 PM; Board of Review, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 21, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639