Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:15 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen and Gordie Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 14 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at three posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the December 16, 2014, meeting were presented . Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $227,123.66 and the monthly bills total is $11,068.41. Nemec made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Roman Beechy, Jessica Parker/Kyle Peterson
8. Fire/Road # Applications: Roman Beechy
9. Request Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2015 Season: Nemec made a motion to request the bids to be opened at the February meeting, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Request Bids for Sealcoat for the 2015 Season: Thelen made a motion to request the bids for sealcoat to be opened at the February meeting, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
10-a. Request Bids for Diesel Fuel for the 2015 Season: Nemec made a motion to request the bids for diesel fuel usage (est. 5,050 gals.) to be opened at the February meeting, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Brush Cutting on Rural/Rustic Roads: Jack and Maggie Lee requested the town discontinue cutting of trees along Tunnelville Road which is designated as a State Rustic Road. After much discussion among the Lee’s, board, and patrolmen, the board set a time for a tour/viewing of the area tomorrow morning, January 21st, at 8:00 AM.
12. Update on Avalanche FEMA/DNR Buyout Information: Clerk Yttri stated that he had spoken with Michele Engh, Vernon County Grant Specialist, about the buyout. The $1.2 million has been allocated, and the county is interviewing appraisers this week. The homeowners will be contacted within a month to determine their home values. Michele stated that she would come to the town’s February meeting and discuss the current status.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated they have had a quiet month, did some brush mowing, got the snow plow kit on the 2005 truck, and have been working on the mower head.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: Yttri reported that there will be a spring election for the Westby School Board opening on February 17, and that there is an increase of disposal waste fees by the Vernon County Landfill Center effective January 1.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
January 29 – WTA Meeting at Vernon County Board Room, 7:30 PM
February 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: January 20, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639