Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen and Gordie Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 16 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at three posting places, on the Town website, and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda after items #9, #10, #11 and #12 were moved up to following #4, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
9. Open Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2015 Season: The Kraemer Co. was the only bidder for the Crushed Rock this year.
¾” Base Course Delivered $8.61 per cu. yd. or $6.38 per ton
“ “ “ Picked Up 7.61 “ “ “ 5.64 “ “
3” Minus Breaker Run Delivered 8.61 “ “ “ 6.38 “ “
“ “ “ “ Picked Up 7.61 “ “ “ 5.64 “ “
Screenings Delivered 8.37 “ “ “ 6.20 “ “
“ Picked Up 6.55 “ “ “ 4.85 “ “
RipRap Delivered 17.85 “ “ “ 13.73 “ “
“ Picked Up 13.00 “ “ “ 10.00 “ “
Pulverizing is $4,395.00 per mile. Thelen moved to accept the bids from the Kraemer Co. as presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
10. Request Bids for Sealcoat for the 2015 Season:
Fahrner Co. Bid for Limestone Single Seal was $15,947 and Double Seal was $31,894/mi
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ “ $15,953 “ “ “ “ $31,762 “
Scott Co. Bid for Granite Single Seal was $19,393 “ “ “ “ $38,625 “
Fahrner Co. “ “ “ “ “ “ $19,320.
Thelen made a motion to accept the bids from Fahrner Co. as presented, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Open Bids for Diesel Fuel for the 2015 Season: Bids were opened from Premier Co-op and Mageland Oil Co. Tim Zogg, Premier Co-op, bid was $2.655 per gal., the current price, with a $.10 discount. Mike Mageland bid $.12 over his retail cost, which is $2.48 at this time. Nemec moved to adopt the bid from Mageland Oil Co for about 5000 gals. for the 2015 year usage, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Update on Avalanche FEMA/DNR Buyout Information from Michele Engh, VC Grant Writing Specialist: She stated that the affected properties were appraised this past week and that the results will not be known for about another 45 days. DNR will then review the figures and will send planned offers to the property owners by mid-April. She reminded the board that there was $636,400.73 available for the 8 parcel owners in this voluntary buyout grant project including the fees for relocation and admin costs. Engh is hoping some of the buyouts will be completed by this fall.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes of the January 20, 2015 meeting was presented. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $105,576.46 and the monthly bills total is $2,347.55. Young made a motion to pay the current bills and pay $25,000.00 on the La Farge bank loans, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
13. Town Scholarship Application Process this Spring: Terry Beck, Committee Chair, has circulated applications to the local schools and other interested individuals. The Town Board appointed Sherri Yttri to assist Terry and Susan Johnson to assist reviewing the applications.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: The patrolmen stated they have had a quiet month with three minor ice incidents that required some salt and sand applied. The inventory of sand/salt mixture appears to be adequate. They have been cutting trees and taking out fences on S. Elk Run Rd which will be improved and widened.
15. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: Chair Young would like to schedule a meeting time with the Miss. Valley Conservancy in March.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
March 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
“ “ -- La Farge School Referendum Presentation
March 28 – WTA District Meeting at Tomah, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: February 17, 2015
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639