Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Gordie Nemec, Supervisor Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Chair Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes were presented of the August 19, 2014, meeting. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $16,696.15 and the monthly bills total is $133,057.09. Nemec made a motion to borrow $150,000.00 from the La Farge State Bank to pay the current bills seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Brandon Parker
8. Fire/Road # Applications: John Hershberger Shop (Driveway & Fire #)
9. Serendipity Golf Course Liquor Serving License: Jeff Garrett, owner, requested a Class B Liquor License. The Board did post the required 15-day notice for the license prior to this meeting. There was no one in attendance who had any questions on this license. Thelen made a motion to charge a fee of $10.00 per person for the serving license, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried. Thelen also made a motion to charge the business a fee of $250.00 per year for the liquor license, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried. Jeff and his wife paid for two serving licenses and the annual liquor license fee at tonight’s meeting.
10. Certification of DOT Town Road Map: The board reviewed the map with the patrolmen and verified accuracy of the roads. Nemec made a motion to approve and sign the DOT Map, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
11. Sign Contract with AA Dumpster Service (current provider): The board read the service contract and approved the language. Young moved to adopt the contract, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. ‘All School Reunion’ Use of Town Hall: Thelen made a motion to open the town hall for one day for this reunion, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
13. 2001 Truck Repairs and Concerns: It was discussed that there are two new trucks for sale with snow plows all ready for winter from Monroe Equipment Company in Stevens Point for about $120,000 to $135,000 each. The board chose to have the patrolmen repair the 2001 IH Truck this fall between their other work orders.
13. Patrolmen’s Report & Transportation Report: The patrolmen have spent a lot of their time and equipment hours on the S. Elk Run Rd reconstruction project: cutting trees, widening the road, ditching so the water flows correctly. Breaker run rock was brought in, and a layer of gravel applied. This road will be seal coated early next year.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: Clerk Yttri reminded the Board of the upcoming election and the status of voter ID requirement at this time.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
October 17-18 – Fall Clean-up Days
October 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Nemec. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 16, 2014
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639