Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordie Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes were presented of the May 20, 2014 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $17,484.57 and the monthly bills total is $25,957.50. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, but hold the Kramer Co., La Farge Truck Center and Jacobson Constr. bills until the July Transportation Aid payment is deposited into the town checkbook, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Derek Waddell
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Kevin Bluske, Agent, Rural Ins. Co. Yearly Update: Kevin reviewed the current policy values and coverage with the board. He stated that coverage could be added if employees used their personal vehicles during work hours for a cost of $20.00 per year. Thelen moved to continue to renew this policy with updated fees, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried
10. FEMA & DNR Avalanche Home Relocation Update: Clerk Yttri spoke with Michele Engh, VC spokesperson reported that the floodway buyout program has been tentatively approved by the state for the $1.1 million proposal. They are awaiting federal approval. Appraisals should be happening soon on the property whose owners have stated that they are interested in continuing the buyout process.
11. VC Highway Dept. Request for Est. 2015 Budget for Culverts Exceeding 36”: The board discussed some culvert replacement plans on Bloomingdale Rd and Potter Ridge Rd as a couple options. They chose to continue this discussion at the July board meeting.
12. 2001 Truck Repairs and Concerns: The 2001 IH Truck is continuing to have random starting problems even with La Farge Truck Center offering several repair options. The board discussed possible purchasing a new replacement truck. They discussed repayment options through tax levy increases over a 4-5 year period. A meeting of the town residents will need to be held if the board continues in this direction. The board will look at costs prior to the July board meeting.
11. Patrolmen’s Report: The Patrolmen reported the new tires really help the grader operation with several ditching projects on Buckeye Ridge Rd and Lombard Rd. Seal-coat projects could be beginning the end of July.
-Transportation Report – The board reviewed the list of sealcoat road repair estimates that they received from Fahrner Co. The total cost of all the roads areas on the list was about $128,000. The board’s budget is $100,000. The final decision will be made at the July board meeting.
12. Public Input: none
13. Board Comments: Chair Young reviewed the sand shed yearly report and Supervisor Nemec discussed some plugged road culverts.
14. Future Meeting Dates:
June 23-25, Workshop on DNR’s role in regulating “Industrial Sand Mining”
July 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
15. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 17, 2014
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639