Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM. A total of 12 people were in attendance plus all board members.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led those in attendance in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Gordon Nemec moved to adopt the agenda with the recommendation to move # 8 agenda item to # 6 “Review Assessor’s Contract”. Tim Parker seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Nemec moved to approve the minutes, Parker seconded. Motion carried.
8. Review Assessor’s Contract: Jerry Kins, Chimney Rock Appraisal, was present to answer any questions that the Board had and would be willing to contract with the Town Board as next years Assessor for a fee of $6,500.00. He will need to get all the updated records from Hugh Harper; Treasurer, Jan Parker will contact Hugh to retrieve the records. Nemec made the motion to accept the contract will CRA, seconded by Tim Parker. The Board will try to extend this to a 2-year contract. Motion carried.
6. Review/Payment of Bills: With the current bills at $53,474.00 and checkbook balance at $45,631.00, the Board decided to pay $10,000 on the La Farge State Bank Loan and $10,000 of Scott Construction’s $40,000 bill. Two bills were tabled: Ver. Co. Humane Society for three dogs that were caught (two dogs were returned to original owners, Board member families) and Lange Enterprises bill was not correct as to Clerk’s phone calls. Clerk, Yttri will research both these bills and report back to the Board next month. Motion by Parker to approve all bills, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
7. 2005 Budget Update: The Board reviewed the 2005 budget as of this meeting.
9. Town Road Name Change: The Board decided to change Stoleson Rd back to the original name of N. Fairview Rd. since some residents are using that name for their mailing address.
10. Road Weight Limit Ban: The Board discussed maintenance costs and feasibility of user fees on Town roads during the road ban period. The members were in uniform agreement that the main roads should be used for trucks where deliveries and pickups were needed for residents and that the through traffic be encouraged to use county and state roads. Supervisor, Nemec, stated he wanted to see cooperation and some uniformity of road bans with adjoining townships. Chair Oliphant asked the people in the audience any views and concerns with road bans. No decision was made, but will be discussed in future meetings.
11. Burning Ordinance Revision: Chair Oliphant reviewed a draft burning ordinance revision. The Board decided to hold a Hearing prior to next month’s meeting at 6 PM, January 18.
12. Personal Property Assessment Changes: Treasurer Parker discussed two Personal Property situations that she’ll discuss with new Assessor and if changes are still needed, that will be completed at the Open Book and Board of Review sessions next year.
13. Recycling Center Employee Wage: Nemec moved to raise Bill Hamilton, Recycling Center Attendant’s, wage $1.00 per hr. from $7.00 to $8.00 as of January 2006, Parker seconded. Motion carried.
14. Patrolman Report: Shane reported that the new truck has been repaired and back in service. The Board will research to see if the repair is covered by the warranty. Clinton Town employee will assist hauling sand to the Town Hall. The town shop insulation project is nearly complete and the large overhead door was repaired today.
15. Polling Place Accessibility Grant: Nemec reported that Clerk Yttri was successful in obtaining a $1,250 grant fund to pave the area near the approach to the voting site. He suggested that the contractor may be willing donate toward the total cost of the project.
16. Board Comments: There were none.
17. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette asked what enforcement procedure for the Driveway Ordinance pertaining to a business driveway. The Board was uncertain how they would apply the ordinance in this situation at this time.
18. Future Meeting Dates: January 18—Burning Ordinance Hearing 6 PM, and Monthly Board Meeting at 7 PM.
19. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn. Nemec seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature_______________________Date: 12/20/2005
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639