Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Gordie Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Art Thelen was absent. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes were presented of the June 17, 2014 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $18,050.22 and the monthly bills total is $10,490.66. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Bill Keys-1740 sq ft, House Addition, Cty Rd SS
8. Fire/Road # Applications: none
9. Avalanche Resident Concerns with Fireworks at Sportsmen Club: The resident that asked to be on this month’s agenda did not attend-no action was taken on this item.
10. VC Highway Dept. Request for Est. 2015 Budget for Culverts Exceeding 36”: The board discussed 2-36”x40’ culvert replacements on Bloomingdale Rd and a 48”x60’ culvert on Potter Ridge Rd as projects that need to be completed.
11. 2001 Truck Repairs and Concerns: The 2001 IH Truck starting problem might be solved. There is a small oil reservoir near the front of the engine-aid in starting the engine. It was discovered that this tank is leaking oil and when it gets to a certain level, the engine will not start. Patrolman Walker stated that when he added oil, it started quickly. The repair cost for this is very costly since it requires a lot of man hours. The truck also needs rear springs on both sides of the truck. Nemec made a motion to replace the springs by the patrolmen, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: The Patrolmen reported the cattle crossing concrete extension on Wemmer Hollow Rd is completed and mowing continues with some major repairs (center shaft replacement) to the mower. Tim presented a note from ‘Eight Toes Mowing’ stating he had mower problems causing some delay in cuttings.
-Transportation Report – The board reviewed the list of sealcoat road repair projects that will be repaired by Fahrner Co. The total cost of all the roads areas on the list was about $125,000.
13. Public Input: A resident on Miller Rd asked that trees from his place to Avalanche would be trimmed since he updated to a new 5th-wheel trailer. Patrolmen will put it on their schedule.
14. Board Comments: Chair Young had talked to the VC-LWCD about tree jams near Tunnelville Rd and the near roads conditions there.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
July 24 – WTA Picnic in La Farge Park, 6:30 PM
August 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
16. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: July 15, 2014
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639