Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordie Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was noted, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The minutes were presented of the March 18, 2014 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $42,415.96 and the monthly bills total is $5,942.45. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Open Bids for Lawn Mowing at the Town Hall and Mt. Zion Cemetery: Mowing Bids were received from ‘8 Toes Mowing’, Lucas Nordin, for the Town Hall and Shop area at $37.50 per mowing; Mary Haugrud, $30.00 per mowing at the Mt. Zion Cemetery lawn; Bryant Olson, Soldiers Grove area, at a fee of $130.00 per mowing for both sites. Nemec made a motion to hire ‘8 Toes Mowing’ for the Town Hall & Shop area and Mary Haugrud for the Mt. Zion Cemetery lawn, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
10. Spring Clean-up Days – April 25 & 26: The board stated that the Spring Clean-up days will be this Friday, April 25 from noon to 5:00 PM and all day Saturday, April 26. Chair Young stated that the Kickapoo Rustlers 4-H Club would prepare and sell a light lunch.
11. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Walker reported they continue snow plowing and sanding as usual, tree cutting between snowfalls. Maintenance work was done on most of the equipment and a new chainsaw was purchased to assist with cuttings.
12. Public Input: Gene Lyons questioned a mobile home that was moved in on Cty. Rd. SS, amounting to what he considered a real eye-sore. Chair Young stated the property has been a problem for several years, but the town has limited control since the town and county are not zoned.
13. Board Comments: The Board, along with the patrolmen, completed the yearly road tour today, with plans to prioritize road projects that will need to be completed this year. Chair Young reminded everyone that the road bans will be removed the first of next week, April 28th. Supervisor Nemec was called earlier this evening about a fence dispute on Ames Hill Rd. between Stan Zube and K&M Herlitzke, LLC. Herlitzke had purchased the farm next to Zube and upon completion of a survey, the South/East fence line was deemed not correct, and Herlitzke had equipment brought in and took out the fence in question. In attendance were Town officials from Webster and Viroqua and officers from the Vernon County Sheriff’s Department. It appears that this will need to be settled through additional surveyors and through the legal system in order to come to a resolution.
14. Future Meeting Dates:
April 24 – WTA Viroqua County Board Room, 7:30 PM
April 25 & 26 – Spring Clean-Up Days
May 27 – Open Book, 4-6 PM; Board of Review 6-8 PM
May 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
15. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 22, 2014
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639