Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:15 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Gordon Nemec was absent. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the October 15, 2013 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $56,411.78 and the monthly bills total is $29,727.37. Thelen made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Jody Wirts
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Review Private Driveway Snow Plowing and Sanding Options: The board reviewed prior years’ documents related to private driveways plowing and sanding. They informed Clerk Yttri to update the latest policy and to have Treasurer Parker include it with the town’s RE Tax mailings. The board stressed that the town patrolmen do not plow driveways and do not sand any unplowed driveways, unless in extreme weather conditions, accompanied by a call for this assistance and the town board approval.
10. Resolution to Approve MABAS(Mutual Aid Box Alarm System): Motion by Thelen, seconded by Young to approve and sign the MABAS Agreement with the La Farge Fire Dept. which is an updated mutual aid program being organized statewide. Motion carried.
11. Revise Bridge Weight Posting Signage: Duck Creek, Husker Hollow and River Rd Bridges have been decreased in the weight limit capacities to 20 tons each. New signs denoting these changes have been ordered and will be installed by the patrolmen.
12. 2014 Humane Society Stray Dog Agreement Contract: Young moved to adopt the 2014 contract for an increased fee from $150 to $175 per stray dog, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
13. Review Tax Collection Dates and Location: Treasurer Parker told the board that the only tax collection at the town hall will be Jan. 25, 2014. She has set Dec. 18 and Jan. 31 for collection at her home, or taxpayers may leave payment in a designated box by her door step. Residents may also use the mail delivery system as they have done in the past.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Walker discussed the Dodge pickup that has been repaired and is road worthy again. He reported that he has winterized the shop and has gone over the trucks and sanders. He is waiting for the new sander in January.
15. Public Input: Dan Arnold asked if the Web-site has been updated-- it is to date.
16. Board Comments: none
17. Future Meeting Dates:
December 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
December 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 19, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639