Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was stated, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 17, 2013 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $40,951.87 and the monthly bills total is $10,604.21. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Truck Sander Replacement: Thelen made a motion to purchase a new stainless steel sander from Universal Truck Equipment Co., Centerville, WI for a cost of $12,000 with hopes to have it installed on the truck by December 1, 2013, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
10. Review 2014 Budget Information Received to-date: Yttri presented the Board with a proposed 2014 Budget spreadsheet with the 2012 actual financials, 2013 passed budget and a year-to-date column. The budget reflected a short term borrowing of $30,000 to cover the town’s share of the Husker Hollow Bridge replacement scheduled for next year and the continued $50,000 for debt retirement allocation. Thelen moved to present this 2014 proposed budget to the electors at the Budget Hearing in Nov., seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Budget Board Meeting and 2014 Budget Hearing Date: Thelen moved to schedule the Budget Hearing on Nov. 19, 7:00 PM prior to the Nov. Town Board Meeting, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Walker and Wirts discussed replacement culverts, pothole patching is ongoing and roadside mowing is about completed. Walker reported that he has cleaned up the shop and surrounding grounds. The 2005 truck will need tires soon and the pickup is being repair by the patrolmen.
13. Public Input: Lukas Nordin asked about control of the noxious weeds near his home. The property owner has been contacted and will cut the weeds or the town will hire someone at his expense. Gene Lyons asked for some assistance to repair the ‘La Farge LN’ road sign, it needs a new post (patrolmen will help when they are in the area).
14. Board Comments: The local 4-H Club will serve a lunch as a fund raiser on Sat., Oct. 19th during the Fall Clean-up day. The VC Land & Water Dept. has a tree sale on now.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
October 18 -- Fall Large Item Clean-up Day, noon-5 PM
October 19 -- Fall Large Item Clean-up Day, 9 AM-3 PM
October 31 – VC Towns Asso. Meeting in Vir., 7:30 PM
November 19 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
November 19 – 2014 Budget Hearing, 7:00 PM
November 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:30 ?? (after budget hearing)
16. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 15, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639