Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:15 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, and Treasurer Jan Parker. Clerk Ole Yttri had another meeting scheduled, he arrived at 7:45. Parker recorded the minutes. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda was stated, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: The board reviewed the minutes of the August 20, 2013 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $104,523.54 and the monthly bill total is $15,575.49. The Fahner Seal-Coat bill is $101,863.06. The board decided to borrow $40,000 short-term loan and pay this bill in Oct. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills and borrow $40,000 from the La Farge State Bank, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Estimate for Box Culvert Ext. on Wemmer Hollow Rd: Randy Jacobson Construction submitted the only bid for this project at a cost of $6,100. Thelen moved to adopt Jacobson’s bid, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
10. Review 2013 Financials vs. 2012 Year-to-Date Totals: Yttri presented the board a Cash Flow Comparison between the year’s 2013 to 2012 (Jan. 1–Sept. 16). The board reviewed this info and the clerk answered any questions that they had.
11. Schedule Fall Large Item Clean-up Days: The dates this year are Friday, October 18(noon-5 PM) Oct. 19th, (9 AM—3 PM). The fee schedule will be available prior to these dates.
12. Fix or Replace 1996 Doge Pickup: The board decided to continue the search for a replacement truck, 1-ton, tilt-bed with duels, or similar vehicle at a reasonable cost. One auction ended today but the final price exceeded what the board thought was a fair market price. The board and patrolmen will keep looking.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Walker and Wirts discussed replacement culverts at N.&S. Elk Run Rds., repaired mower, mowed several roads and cut and trimmed trees. They informed the board that one of the truck sanders should be replaced with new steel sander for $6,900 or stainless steel for $10,000. The board will research options and discuss it at the Oct. meeting.
14. Public Input: Lukas Nordin asked about control of the noxious weeds near his home. Clerk Yttri had not informed the property owner of their obligation to have the weeds cut, but will do so within the next 2-weeks.
15. Board Comments: Town Hall furnace has been replaced and is working well. Young stated that the bridges on these roads will need to inspected every year: River Rd, Duck Creek, S. Elk Run and Husker Hollow. The board will jointly confront the residents on River Rd about the state rules that need to be addressed and adhered-to as far as railings on the bridge. Thelen stated that Parr Rd and Green Hollow roads are really been improved and he will seed Parr Rd banks. The turn-around on Haugrud Ridge Rd is completed, which was needed.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
October 15 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
October 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Nemec. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 17, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639