Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the July 16, 2013 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $41,701.32 and the monthly bill total is $19,053.99. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Jamie Miller, Mark Wilson
8. Fire Number Applications: Ed Miller
9. Resolution for Bridge Replacement with Bike Trail Exemption on Cty Rd S: VC Highway Dept. provided the board with this resolution for them to approve and sign. Motion by Young, seconded by Thelen to approve this resolution. Motion carried. Clerk Yttri will give the county the original copy.
10. Open Bids for Town Hall Furnace Replacement: Bids were received from:
La Farge Maintenance Shop-Furnace $2,500 A/C $1,500
Premier Co-op, Westby “ $2,370 “ $2,330
Y-Tri Plumbing, Viroqua “ $2,215 “ $2,650
Nemec moved to accept the La Farge Maintenance Bid for the furnace replacement with the A/C option for $4,000.00, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Sign Brush Hollow Cemetery Assoc. Veterans Graves Applications: The board signed two years of Brush Hollow Veteran Grave Applications.
12. Estimate for Box Culvert Ext. on Wemmer Hollow Rd: Randy Jacobson turned a bid for this project. The board decided to withhold any decision until the Sept. meeting in order to get other bids.
13. Review Sealcoat Road Projects Completed: The completed Sealcoat road projects are: Kirking Hill, top of Tunnelville Rd, S. Fairview, W. Salem, and E. Salem Ridge Rds.
14. Review Driveway Permit Procedure: This permit will be reviewed at a later meeting this fall.
15. Fix or Replace 1996 Doge Pickup: The board decided to search for a replacement truck, 1-ton, tilt-bed with duels, or similar vehicle at a reasonable cost. This will be placed on the Sept agenda for further discussion.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Walker and Wirts discussed replacement culverts at several locations, seal coated roads and the major repairs of the rear mower disc-cutter.
17. Public Input: Lukas Nordin asked about control of the noxious weeds near his home. Clerk Yttri will send a letter reminding the property owner of their obligation to have the weeds cut.
18. Board Comments: none
19. Future Meeting Dates:
September 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
September 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
20. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Nemec. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: August 20, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639