Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Nemec moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the May 21, 2013 meeting. Nemec moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $62,372.60 and the monthly bill total is $26,734.70. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Amos Mast, Jeremiah Hege
8. Fire Number Applications: Clerk Yttri stated that Jamie Miller needs a sign removed (house demolished) and the current trailer house will be replaced.
9. Review Rural Ins. Co. Coverage with Agent Kevin Bluske: Kevin reviewed the current policy with the board and had questions on the value of the fuel barrel, need to add 3-portable radios and new employee info. when hired.
10. Update River Rd Bridge Dive Team Assessment: The Board reviewed the River Rd Bridge Inspection Report and viewed a video from the underwater dive of the construction problems: cracked pillar supports and poor concrete pouring during the original construction. This bridge will be monitored for the next several months to determine what or if additional repairs are needed.
11. Husker Hollow Bridge Replacement: Chair Young was notified by the VC Highway Dept. along with Wis. DOT of a Public Hearing on the bridge project on July 23 at 7:00 PM at the Webster Town Hall.
-Resolution for Bridge Replacement with Bike Trail Exemption: VC Highway Commissioner, Phil Hewitt suggested that the Board pass a Resolution for the bridge with a bike trail exemption. Clerk Yttri presented the board with this Resolution. Young made a motion to accept the Resolution, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Review Sealcoat Road Projects to be Completed: The projects included are: 1) Kirking Rd, 2) prep on S. Elk Run Rd, 3) W. Salem Ridge Rd, 4) E. Salem Ridge Rd, 5) Wemmer Hollow Rd from Effie Allen’s to Lombard’s, and 6) Buckeye Ridge Rd by Doug Clark’s.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Wirts stated Maverick Deaver is helping this summer patching pot holes etc. Wirts reported that many trees had blown into the road due to storms and trimming was needed. Mower is ready for trimming the roadsides.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
July 16 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
July 16 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
17. Motion by Thelen to go into Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee: employee handbook and patrolman interview questions), seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
18. Motion by Thelen to reconvene into Open Session, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
19. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 18, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639