Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chairman Skip Oliphant called monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM. A total of 18 people were in attendance plus all board members.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led those in attendance in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Ole Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Tim Parker moved to adopt the agenda. Gordon Nemec seconded. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: One correction was made to the August 16 minutes regarding the Dark Sky proposal. There was a motion by Parker and seconded by Nemec not to pursue the Dark Sky ordinance at this time and motion carried. Nemec moved to approve the corrected minutes, Parker seconded, and motion carried. Carried.
6. Review/Payment of Bills: The Board discussed/reviewed bills. Nemec questioned the bill from Kraemer’s. Clerk Yttri was directed to get a detailed bill from Kramer’s and bring it to the Board members before they would approve payment. The bill for five mowings of the town hall lawn and the bill for R.L. Widner for the Swiggum driveway work were added to the request for payment. Motion by Nemec to approve all bills except Kraemer’s for payment, seconded by Parker. Carried.
7. Update Driveway Ordinance Hearing: The majority of those present at the hearing immediately prior to this month’s regular board meeting approved of the proposed driveway ordinance. The Board indicated approval of the ordinance at the hearing, and at this time Parker moved to adopt Driveway Ordinance #7, Nemec seconded, and motion passed.
8. 2005 Budget Update: The clerk presented another year-to-date budget report to the Board. He presented the budget designed last November; the actual amounts spent to date, and estimated amounts to be spent by the end of the budget year.
9. October Cleanup/Recycling Date: October 1 was set as the date for the clean up, and Clerk Yttri will post.
10. Sealcoating Update: Work was completed on portions of the following Town roads: Green Hollow, Nemec Road, Husker Hollow, Smart Hollow, and South Elk Run. The work on South Elk Run was substituted for the Nemec Hill Road original plan. The final bill has not been received. Richard Appleman assisted with the work because Scott’s crew was shorthanded.
11. Insulation of Town Shop: Chair Oliphant reported that the estimated cost for an outdoor wood burning stove was $8,000 to $10,000 and was therefore prohibitive at this time. Amos Mast estimated the cost for insulation of the town shop to cost between $4200 and $5000, with an R30 for ceiling and R15 for walls. Yttri asked about the condition of the doors on the shop. Oliphant offered to get information on door replacement costs for a later meeting. Nemec moved to proceed with the shop insulation project as described. Parker seconded, and motion carried.
12. Cement Pad: Following a brief discussion, Nemec moved to table this project until March of 2006. Parker seconded and motion carried.
13. Naming Head of Emergency Services for the Township: Nemec moved to appoint Skip Oliphant Head of Emergency Services for the Township. Parker seconded. Motion carried.
14. Naming of Town Attorney: Since Gary Monson was used to review the proposed Driveway Ordinance, he was asked if he would serve on a per item basis for the Town of Webster, and he agreed. Motion by Nemec to use Monson as the Town Attorney as needed. Parker seconded. Motion carried.
15. Review Town Hall Rental Fees : Oliphant asked Yttri to search the records for how the fee is to be assessed and report back at the next regular board meeting.
16. Patrolman’s Report: Mowing is proceeding as planned the second time through. There is still much patching to be done.
17. Board Comments: Yttri reported that the population of the Town of Webster had increased from 715 to 727, and the numbers of residents of qualified voting age increased from 459 to 474. Yttri reported that he will continue to research the difference between a resolution and an ordinance.
18. Public Input: Roseanne Boyette requested from the Board, first to continue to enforce the burning ordinance and add a list of specific items banned by state statute for burning. She did not present a banned item list, but Oliphant offered to search the statutes for such a listing. Boyette also requested that the Board write a letter to Vernon County officials expressing concern over air quality, especially in light of the numerous air quality alerts that have been issued recently. Richard Appleman asked the Board to consider lowering the shop temperature during the colder months to 45 to 50 degrees except when the patrolmen were working on equipment. The shop is currently kept at about 55 degrees. Carla Oliphant encouraged the Board to lock in the cost for LP gas for the winter heating season.
19. Future Meeting Date: The next regular monthly meeting of the Board will be October 18 at 7:00 P.M.
20. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn. Nemec seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk, Town of Webster Signature________________________
Date: September 20, 2005
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639