Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Gordon Nemec, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Art Thelen was not in attendance. A total of 9 people were in attendance. Clerk Yttri administered the oath of office to the newly elected officials prior to the meeting.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the March 19, 2013 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $97,936.63 and the monthly bill total is $8,960.61. Nemec made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Sign Salem Cemetery Assoc. Veterans Graves Reimbursement Applications: Young moved to sign the forms and pass on to the county clerk’s office for reimbursement, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
10. Board Will Appoint a Member to the Personnel Committee: Young moved to appoint Tom Brennen to the personnel committee, seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
11. Advertise for Mowing Bids for the May Board Meeting: Nemec made a motion to advertise for mowing bids, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that they had plowed and sanded more roads in April. The county road bans are expected to end this week, but the town will continue. Several dead trees have been removed, patch mix has been ordered to start filling all the pot holes and two tires were put on the pickup. Wirts added that the brush hog is needing repairs or replacement. Hysel stated he attended a meeting with Vernon Telephone Co-op about burying fiber optic cable in the town. He told them to keep the town informed of the location so the patrolmen can repair the roads prior to the cable placement.
13. Public Input: none
14. Board Comments: Clerk Yttri stated for the Westby School Referendum Election for the Town of Webster residents will need to vote at the Town of Clinton on May 7.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
May 7 – Westby School Referendum Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
May 21 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
May 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00
16. Motion by Young to go into Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee: employee handbook), seconded by Nemec. Motion carried.
17. Motion by Nemec to reconvene into Open Session-no actions on items discussed in Closed Session, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
18. Adjourn: Nemec moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 23, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639