Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 12 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda after moving item #11 after #4, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Open Bids for Sealcoat for the 2013 Season:
Fahrner Co. bid for Limestone Single Seal was $17,065 and Double Seal was $34,130/mi
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ “ $17,098 “ “ “ “ $36,985 “
Scott Co. bid for Granite Single Seal was $19,998/mi.
Thelen made a motion to accept the bids from Fahrner Co. as presented, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
Struck Paving bid Slurry Seal for cover appl. was $19,360/mi. for a 20’ wide road. Young made a motion to accept the bid from Struck Paving as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the January 15, 2013 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $123,396.26 and the monthly bill total is $17,805.44. Kennedy made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Discuss Completed CDBG-EAP Projects--Audit: Chair Young, Clerk Yttri and Michele Engh--Coulee Cap participated in the Grant Audit by two state officials. There were no concerns found. Some minor paper forms need to be assembled.
10. Open Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2013 Season: The Kraemer Co. was the only bidder for the Crushed Rock this year.
¾” Base Course Delivered $8.51 per cu. yd. or $6.30 per ton
“ “ “ Picked Up 7.51 “ “ “ 5.56 “ “
3” Minus Breaker Run Delivered 8.51 “ “ “ 6.30 “ “
“ “ “ “ Picked Up 7.51 “ “ “ 5.56 “ “
Screenings Delivered 8.51 “ “ “ 6.30 “ “
“ Picked Up 7.00 “ “ “ 5.19 “ “
RipRap Delivered 17.85 “ “ “ 13.73 “ “
“ Picked Up 13.00 “ “ “ 10.00 “ “
Pulverizing is $4,195.00 per mile. Kennedy moved to accept the bids from the Kraemer Co. as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Employee Handbook Review: Kennedy distributed additional copies of the handbook for the board to review. Handbook will be discussed at the March meeting.
13. VC Humane Society Annual Contract Renewal: Kennedy moved to adopt the 2013 contract for $150 for each dog picked up, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that they had plowed 22” of snow this winter so far, handled two ice storms and took delivery of 56 tons of salt. The new tires on the 2001 truck have helped a lot, but he reported the bad news that one of the sanders will need to be replaced before next winter. Carl Haugrud was thanked for helping with the snow plowing when Jody Wirts had a prior commitment.
15. Public Input: Gene Lyons thanked the patrolmen for their work during this winter season.
16. Board Comments: None
17. Future Meeting Dates:
February 23 - WTA District Meeting Fox Hollow, West Salem 8AM–3 PM
March 19 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:30 PM
March 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: February 21, 2013
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639