Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 27 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Kennedy moved to adopt the agenda with items #11 and #9 moved up after agenda adoption, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
11. Myron Sidie Certified Survey Map Acknowledgement: Kennedy moved to adopt the Sidie Survey Map as presented from Greg Fauerbach, Surveyor, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
9. Presentation from Scholarship Committee: The Kickapoo Homeschool Co-op is the winner of the Town of Webster Citizen Award for 2012. The members are Jae Arnold, Cole Nordskog, Ceci Spann and Myra Thimmesch. They created an oral history project by interviewing retired farmer and lifelong resident, Ruth Clark. The students compiled their project and presented on the WDRT radio show on December 8, 2012 and at this board meeting for all in attendance to here. This was a great project for these funds.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the November 20, 2012 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $71,919.59 and the monthly bills total is $164,218.07. Young made a motion to pay the bills which will include a short term loan for $100,000 to cover the bills until the Transportation Aid payment of $26,000 and EAP Grant reimbursement of $150,000 along with RE Tax payments are received next month, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: S3649 Sportsman Club Sign Replacement
10. Discuss Completed CDBG-EAP Projects: The board reviewed the EAP-Grant forms that Clerk, Yttri had completed and sent to Madison for reimbursement.
12. VC Humane Society Annual Contract Renewal: Kennedy moved to Table this renewal until the January meeting, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
13. Employee Handbook Review: Kennedy distributed copies of the handbook for the board to review and will discuss at the Jan. meeting.
14. Shop Office Heating System Replacement: Kennedy moved to purchase a 1500 watt heating unit from Menards, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
15. 2013 Town Caucus Meeting Date: Young made a motion to have the Town Caucus on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM prior to the board meeting, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that they had put the chains on the grader (will need tires soon), took delivery of 20 tons of salt, straighten several road signs and assisted with the yearly fire extinguisher upgrade by Kickapoo Fire Protection Co.
17. Public Input: none
18. Board Comments: Young displayed a map showing a fiber-optics line upgrade on S. Elk Run Rd. where the board is looking at a road reconstruction in 2013.
19. Future Meeting Dates:
January 15 – Town Caucus, 7:00 PM
January 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:30 PM ??(right after caucus)
20. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: December 18, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639