Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen, Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Kennedy moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the October 16, 2012 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $37,481.07 and the monthly bills total is $11,790.26. Thelen made a motion to pay the bills including additional bill for $250.00 for the pick-up repair, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee and CDBG Grant Projects: Daniel Arnold reported that EAP Grant work is completed, and Coulee Cap is waiting on the final documentation from Scott Co. The committee reviewed the Bridge Inspection Report of the nine bridges in the town. Clerk Yttri stated that the last quarter’s reimbursement of $53,000 has not arrived to the bank yet. The committee will not meet in December.
10. Discuss Completed CDBG-EAP Projects: Michele Engh, Coulee CAP, informed the board through the Clerk that two Resolutions need to be added prior to the Grant Audit. These are:
-Adopt Resolution 60.47(2)(a) for Public Contract Costs: Thelen moved to adopt this resolution, seconded by Kennedy. Motion passed by a hand vote, 3-yes, 0-no.
-Adopt the Vernon County Use of Force Policy: Kennedy moved to adopt this policy, seconded by Young. Motion passed by a hand vote, 3-yes, 0-no.
11. Resolution to Extend Town Officer Term: A change in the election law created a week’s gap from the new election date in April to when the term of the newly elected officers was to assume command. This created a needed resolution extending the present term for one week. Thelen moved to adopt this resolution, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Letter of Support for the Energy Planning-Town of Stark: The Town of Stark Energy Planning and Info. Committee needs support from local towns to help them present information to the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin. Thelen moved to adopt this letter of support, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
13. 2012 VC Bridge Inspection Report: The Board reviewed the Bridge Inspection Report of the nine bridges. Eight bridges needed to be cleaned off and weeds and brush cut. The water level under the bridge over the West Fork of the Kickapoo River on River Road had measurement exceeding the four foot level and so this section will require a dive team to come and inspect the bridge foundations for an estimated cost of $880.00
14. Employee Handbook Review: Kennedy is gathering info. Discussion will continue at next month’s meeting.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that he added a load of gravel on Strait Rd., mixed salt with the screenings, cleared some brush on Husker Hollow Rd., picked up 12 large concrete blocks, fixed a flat tire on the loader and is repairing the Dodge pickup front wheel hub.
16. Public Input: none
17. Board Comments: Art Thelen stated that there are some bad pot-holes on Buckeye Ridge Rd.—Patrolman Hysel will check them out and fill them.
18. Future Meeting Dates:
December 18 – Transportation Committee Meeting (will not meet)
December 18 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
19. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 20, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639