Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Linda Kennedy was on a vacation trip. A total of 12 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda after adding item #14.5 and #14.7, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the May 15, 2012 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $62,611.66 and the monthly bills total is $11,345.20. Thelen made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Dave Franz, Brian McManns, John Booker
8. Fire/Road # Applications: Dave Franz
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that the committee reviewed road EAP Grant Projects which are ongoing. Coulee CAP flood work grant manager, Michele Engh has been contracted to complete the Davis-Bacon portion of the grant-required paper work for the town’s projects.
10. Rural Insurance Update since Last Meeting: John informed the board that he had spoken to Kevin Bluske and if the town raised the deductable another $500, there would be an additional $900 saving in premium for the year. He told Kevin to go ahead with this adjustment.
11. Presentation from VC Solid Waste – Gene Edwards: Gene informed the board that there are some limitations on what plastic items can be recycled. If the containers had food grade ingredients, they can be recycled. They not, it should go into the garbage container. He stated that some recycling centers are experiencing thefts of their items. and for us to be aware of this problem. The center is going well and should continue several years.
12. Presentation from Cedar Corp.-Steve Walker, Husker Hollow Bridge Replacement: He made a sales presentation trying to get a commitment from the town for this project. The town has the right to pick the contractor or have the county highway dept. personnel do the contracting.
13. TRIP Project on Nemec Hill Rd: Young made a motion to substitute W. Salem Ridge Rd for a portion of Nemec Hill Rd to the intersection of Potter Ridge Rd (about 4,300 ft.) for this TRIP Project seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14. Wed. July 4 Recycling Center : Motion by Young, seconded by Thelen to close the center on Wed. July 4. Motion carried.
14.5. Young moved to sign a letter of support for the Public Service Commission to have the ATC Project answer several questions about their future plans for construction, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14.7 The La Farge Fire Dept. has notified the town that a payment of $41,418.09 will be needed soon. The board chose to postpone this decision until the July meeting.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that they have been cutting trees on Smart Hollow, repaired 6410 JD mower tractor, took delivery of a 72” road culvert on Green Hollow and continue patching the town roads.
14. Public Input: none
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
July 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
July17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
July 26 – WTA 6PM
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 19, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639