Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 13 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda after moving #10 after #4, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
10. Rural Insurance Yearly Update w/Kevin Bluske Agent: The board reviewed the current policy with the new agent. No changes were made to the policy for this year.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the April 17, 2012 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $101,529.93 and the monthly bills total is $17,455.70. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that the committee reviewed road tour report. Pricing will be available at next month’s meeting. Their plan is to seal coat Leum and Green Hollow Road projects as some as possible this summer and to have the VC Highway Dept do the work on the other projects.
11. Ellen Thelen-Use of Town Hall: Ellen had met with Dolly Lisney, Ruth Clark and Jane Brennen, Fairview School Committee. They agreed to form a committee to possibly hold a all-town picnic and to remodel the upstairs classroom area into an old-time county school display area. The committee will keep the board updated.
12. Repair Entrance Wall by Town Hall-Chris Parker: This item was not acted on since Chris did not attend the meeting.
13. TRIP Project on West Salem Ridge Rd: The town received a letter from the county highway dept. of a 2008-2009 $5,000 TRIP Project that was awarded to the town W. Salem Ridge Rd. This road was repaired and resealed last year. There is an option to substitute another road project, but it needs to be completed this year. Clerk Yttri and Chair Young will complete the paper work for this substitution.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that they have been cutting trees on Green Hollow, Nemec Hill and Fairview roads, 1000 yds. of screening was delivered, both trucks have been repaired and continue the patching the town roads. Maverick Deaver will job shadow as part of the La Farge School community project for one day with the patrolmen.
14. Public Input: Lucas Nordin questioned why the lowest bid was not accepted and also stated that proper grass cutting and trimming was not done. The board will do a follow up.
15. Board Comments: Mike Martin has been hired as a summer helper for the grant project work. Linda Kennedy will be absent for the June town board meeting.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
June 5 – Gubernatorial Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
June 19 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
June 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 15, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639