Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the March 20, 2012 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes with extra words removed, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $128,393.37 and the monthly bills total is $8,158.79 plus the fire truck down payment of $15,463. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that the committee will review road work that will need to be completed after the road tour report is presented. Their plan is to seal coat Leum and Green Hollow Road projects as some as possible this summer and to have the VC Highway Dept do the work on the other projects.
10. Open Mowing Bids for Town Hall & Mt Zion Cemetery: Four bids were received:
Town Hall Mt. Zion Cemetery
Kip Walker $40.00 per mowing $30.00 per mowing
Chris Parker 40.00 “ “ 40.00 “ “
8 Toes Mowing 40.00 “ “ 40.00 “ “
Gilman Lawn Service 40.00 “ “ 40.00 “ “
Kennedy made a motion to accept Chris Parker’s bid of $40.00 for each location per mowing, seconded by Thelen. Young abstained from voting due to relationship. Motion carried.
11. Sign 2012-2014 Employee Contracts: The board and employees signed the two employment contract and copies were made for each person.
12. Discuss Today’s Road Tour: Young and Thelen along with patrolmen, Hysel and Wirts participated in the tour. Young stated that the roads in general survived the winter better than usual, repairs will be made to the severe blow-ups. Two unused cattle passes will be removed and a 160 foot area on Green Hollow Rd near the town line will be discussed with that town’s board.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that brushing was done on Duck Creek, Potter Ridge, Vance Hill, Smart Hollow and West Salem Ridge Roads. They removed the weight limit signs and are filling pot holes with patch-mix. The 2005 truck is got an overhaul at the La Farge Truck Center and the 2001 truck is in for repairs on the clutch, a new rear seal and wiring.
14. Public Input: Ellen Thelen asked to be added to the May board meeting agenda about the use of the town hall.
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
April 26 – WTA Meeting in Viroqua, 7:30 PM
May 8 – Primary Gubernatorial Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
May 15 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
May 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
May 23 – Open Book, 4-6 PM; Board of Review, 7-9 PM
17. Adjourn: Kennedy moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: Aoril 17, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639