Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor was absent. A total of 16 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to move items #10 & 11 after #4, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
10. Open Bids for Gravel & Rock for the 2012 Season: Kraemer Co. was the only bidder:
¾” Base Course Delivered $8.27 per cu. yd. or $6.13 per ton
“ “ “ Picked Up 7.27 “ “ “ $5.39 “ “
3” Minus Breaker Run Delivered 8.27 per cu. yd. or $6.13 per ton
“ “ “ “ Picked Up 7.27 “ “ “ $5.39 “ “
Screenings Delivered 8.27 per cu. yd. or $6.13 per ton
“ Picked Up 6.89 “ “ “ 5.10 “ “
RipRap Delivered 17.30 “ “ “ 13.31 “ “
“ Picked Up 12.68 “ “ “ 9.75 “ “
Pulverizing is $4,195.00 per mile. Young made the motion to accept the bids from the Kraemer Co. as presented, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
11. Open Bids for Sealcoat for the 2012 Season:
Fahrnar Co. bid for Limestone Single Seal was $16,512 and Double Seal was $33,185.
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ 16,677 “ “ “ “ 36,772.
Fahrnar Co. bid for Granite Chips Single Seal - $19,538 and Double Seal - $39,076.
Scott Co. “ “ “ “ “ 19,904. Thelen made the motion to accept the bids from the Fahrner Co. as presented, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried. Fahrner Co. bid Slag Seal for cover appl. was $20,182 per mile-20’ wide.
Struck Paving bid Slurry Seal for cover appl. was $19,360 per mile- 20’ wide. Young made the motion to accept the bids from the Struck Paving as presented, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the February 21, 2012 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $121,106.59 and the monthly bills total is $5,038.77. Kennedy made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that the committee listened to a presentation from Steve Walker of the Cedar Corp., an bridge engineering firm that is interested in the Husker Hollow bridge that is scheduled for replacement in 2013-2014. A road tour is set for 8 AM, April 17.
12. Recycling Center Spring Hours and Spring Clean-up Date: The dates for the spring clean-up are May 4(noon–5 pm) and May 5 (9 am-3 pm). Young made a motion to open the Recycling Center Wednesday 3pm-6pm hours on April 4, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
13. Webster Citizenship Award Process for This Spring: Committee member, Jane Brennen presented a revised format to this year’s award. The plan is to open to students’ age 10 on up or to a classroom group for a project. She will keep the board informed of the changes. Kennedy made a motion to continue with this plan for this year, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
14. Revise ATC Resolution to be Presented to the PSC Commission: Kennedy made a motion to revise the resolution as presented, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
15. Post Mowing Bids for April Meeting for Town Hall & Mt Zion Cemetery: Young made a motion to have the clerk post mowing bids for the April meeting, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
16. Board Audit of Town’s Financial 2011: Thelen made a motion to approve financial records audit for the 2011calendar year, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that brushing was done on Nemec Hill Rd, equipment repaired and additional 15 tons of salt was delivered. They placed weight limit sign up March 6 and were filling pot holes with patch-mix. The 2005 truck is getting overhauled at the La Farge Truck Center which will be covered under the warranty. The 2001 truck has some issues which will be repaired after the 2005 truck is done.
18. Public Input: none
19. Board Comments: none
20. Future Meeting Dates:
April 3 – Spring Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
April 4 – Wed, Recycling Summer Hrs, 3-6 PM
April 10 -- Town Annual Meeting, 7:00 PM
April 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
April 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
April 26 – WTA Meeting in Viroqua, 7:30 PM
20. Motion to go into Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee): Kennedy made a motion to go into closed session for this purpose, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
21. Reconvene into Open Session-Act on any actions discussed in Closed Session: Kennedy made a motion to come out of closed session, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried. Thelen made a motion to increase the patrolmen wage $2.00 per hr. April 2012-March 2013 and a $1.00 per hr. increase from April 2013-March 2014 and set the patrolmen work week Monday through Sunday, seconded by Kennedy. Thelen and Kennedy voted yes and Young voted no. Motion passed.
22. Adjourn: Kennedy moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: March 20, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639