Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Art Thelen was absent. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Kennedy moved to adopt the agenda with the addition of item #12.5 Shop heating system, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the November 15, 2011 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $61,964.74 and the monthly bills total is $18,703.04. Young made a motion to pay the bills and pay off loan # 26328, $26,106.00, (Case 621 Loader loan) and $10,000 toward loan # 26637(2008 TRIP loan) leaving the end-of-year checkbook balance around $4,600.00, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: Jim Schuh, Dave Fisher, Dan Sarauer
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that Green Hollow Rd and Leum Rd projects were completed for the season and will be finished next year. The committee discussed labor needs for next spring when Nemec Hill, N. Fairview and Bloomingdale Rds are to be worked on.
10. Assessor, Jerry Kins Presentation: Jerry reported that everything is going good in the assessing department so far. We discussed site permits to assist avoiding problems with building to close to property lines or highway setback right-of-ways.
11. Review List of Election Inspectors 2-Year term: Kennedy made a motion to accept this list of Election Inspectors for the next two year term: Eda June Widner, Jan Parker, Dolly Lisney, John Lams, June Parker, Marcia Parker, Jane Brennen, Donna Getter, Marjorie Nemec and Ole Yttri. Motion was seconded by Young. Motion Carried.
12. Postpone TRIP-D Application on Buckeye Ridge Rd: Young made a motion to postpone this application until next year for further review, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
12.5 Shop heating system: One of the furnaces has been making a lot of noise and has not started all the time. The board will ask the La Farge Maintenance Co. to check on the system as to best options for the town.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that 24 ton of salt was delivered, patching was done on Bloomingdale and Buckeye Ridge Roads, put the wings on the plow trucks and road signs installed. Hysel is also recovering from a fall off the truck during an ice storm.
14. Public Input: A question was asked why RE Taxes were up. Some school districts saw a bigger increase than others and the land that was donated to Mississippi Conservancy raised the tax base.
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
January 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
January 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Kennedy moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: December 20, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639