Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Art Thelen was absent. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Kennedy moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the January 17, 2012 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $99,310.74 and the monthly bills total is $11,058.89. Young made a motion to pay the bills and pay on loan # 26790 $37,779.16, (balance of the 2008 FEMA reimbursement funds due the town), seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that the committee discussed bid work for gravel and seal coat plans for this year.
10. Radio Equipment Update: Motion by Young to purchase three new mobile radios at an est. $1,400 to keep the town in compliance with the new Federal mandated narrow band radio frequency requirements, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
11. Request Bids for Sealcoat & Rock for the 2012 Season: Motion by Young to have the Clerk requests rock and seal coat bids to be opened at the March meeting, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried. Seal coat bid should include August 15 completion date.
12. Renew Contract w/Gunderson Lutheran for Employee Drug Testing: Motion by Young to renew this contract for another year, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
13. Review Employee Handbook 2-year Contract: The board was given copies of the current contract and will have a ‘Closed Session’ in March to review with the employees.
14. Board Audit of Town’s Financial 2011 Records: The board was given copies to review and will be discussed at the March meeting.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Wirts stated that they have been repairing equipment and updating the shop since there has not been much snow to plow this winter. Tree trimming is a continuing winter project for the patrolmen.
14. Public Input: Gene Lyons stated that GPS locations near his home are no longer show up on mobile locaters after the updated fire numbers changes. This problem will be discussed with the VC Sheriff’s Dept. since they issue the location numbers.
15. Board Comments: The board talked about building location permit fee and will bring it up at the annual meeting in April.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
March 20 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
March 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Kennedy moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: February 21, 2012
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639