Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 7 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 20, 2011 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $107,290.52 and the monthly bills total is $13,830.06. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Steve Greenland, Doug Clark, and Mark Fisher
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that Green Hollow Rd project started today, road is closed and the work by the Vernon County Highway Dept. should be completed in about 2 weeks.
10. Green Hollow EAP Grant Schedule & Leum Rd Reimbursement Process: Clerk Yttri reported that the EAP reimbursement paperwork from the Wis. State Dept. of Commerce is being worked on after clarifications of the forms were updated.
11. TRIP-D Application on Buckeye Ridge Rd: Kennedy made a motion for Clerk Yttri to pursue for a TRIP-D road improvement 50% reimbursement application for the section of Buckeye Ridge Rd from Wild Rose Dairy to Green Hollow Rd, about 1.5 miles, at a cost of $200,000, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Wednesday Recycling Winter Closure Schedule: October 26 will be the last day that the recycling center will be open for the Wednesday recycling.
13. 2012 Budget Planning Meeting; Budget Hearing Date: Young made a motion to set November 15, 7:00 PM for the 2012 Budget Hearing date, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried. Young set October 25, 7:00 PM as a budget review board meeting.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that 85% of the mowing is completed, 88 tons of salt has been delivered and waiting to be mixed with the 1500 tons of screenings. 180 yards, of patch mix was used this year.
15. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: Parker stated that some road signs in the town need to be replaced since some are pointing the wrong way. Kennedy offered to assist with a day of the fall clean-up. Young reported that the fuel barrel audit was completed with some minor repairs required. Young and Yttri are working with the state officials to get the town’s share of FEMA 2008 reimbursement funds.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
October 21 & 22 – Fall Clean-up Days, Friday Noon-5:00 PM; Sat. 9-3 PM
October 20 – La Farge Ambulance Asso. Annual Meeting, 7:00 PM
“ “ Fire Department Asso. Annual Meeting, 8:00 PM
October 25 – Board 2012 Budget Review Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 27 – WTA Vernon County Asso. 7:30 PM, Vir. Cty Bd Room
November 15 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
November 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Kennedy moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 18, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639