Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 13 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda and to move to items # 10 & 11(bids for diesel fuel and LP Gas) since company reps. were in attendance, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
10. Open Bids for Diesel Fuel: Bids were received from Heartland Country Co-op, Mageland Oil Co, and Vesbach Oil. After the Board questioned each of the bidders, Thelen made a motion the accept HCC bid for the 2011-2012 winter season, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
11. Open Bids for LP Gas: Bids were received from Heartland Country Co-op, and Vesbach Oil. After the Board questioned each of the bidders, Young made a motion the accept HCC bid for the 2011-2012 winter season, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the August 16, 2011 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $107,730.59 and the monthly bills total is $14,788.30. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that Green Hollow Rd project will start around the 26th of Sept. Work will take about 2 weeks with an est. cost of $90,000. Clerk Yttri reported that the EAP reimbursement paperwork from the Wis. State Dept. of Commerce is being worked on.
12. VC Humane Society 2012 Renewal Contract: Thelen made a motion to renew the contract which is the same as last year at $150 per ‘unclaimed’ dog and an initial fee of $150, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
13. Discuss & Sign DOT Road Certification Packet: The Board reviewed the DOT road map with 50.49 miles of roads in the town, no change from last year. Chairman Young signed the report and the Clerk will return it to the DOT.
14. Large Item Recycling Date: The Board set Friday, Oct. 21, noon to 5 PM and Sat., Oct. 22, 9 AM-3 PM as the time for the annual Fall Clean-up days for the town residences.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that patching is at 92 tons, roadside mowing continues, 2 culverts were replaced on Parr Rd along with culverts on Main St. in Avalanche, Vance, Haugrud and Wemmer. Eleven trees were removed from the Sept 2 storm. Sealcoat is finished and several loads of screenings have been delivered.
16. Public Input: Gene Lyons, La Farge Addition, asked about the Town taking over 600 feet of the La Farge Ln Rd if the residents would bring the road up to the Town’s specifications. The Board will consider the request.
17. Board Comments: none
18. Future Meeting Dates:
October 20 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
October 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 27 -- WTA Vernon County Asso. 7:30 PM, Vir. Cty Bd Room
19. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 20, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639