Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Linda Kennedy was unable to attend the meeting. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the June 21, 2011 meeting. Thelen moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $58,536.57 and the monthly bills total is $10,412.31. Thelen made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold reported that dirt work on the Leum Rd project site started today. He reported that brushing on Green Hollow Rd is completed, but sealcoat might not be completed on this road this fall. The Quarterly report was completed and sent with a request of $6,700 to cover expenses to date. The committee has reviewed a sealcoat plan, identifying 3.3 miles of roads: Dell, Wemmer Hollow, top of Kirking and repair damage near Salem Ridge Cemetery with an est. cost of $56,700.
10. Sealcoat Project Plans: Young moved to contact Scott Const. get cost estimates on the roads listed from the Transportation Committee, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Review Appleman/Butt Fence Dispute: It appears that the issue has been resolved with the completion of the fence. The Board set July 29 as a date to review the project.
12. La Farge Fire Dept. Purchase Plans: On July 25th, the La Farge Fire Dept. Assoc. has called a meeting of the municipalities it serves for a possible fire truck replacement. Since Young is on the force, he asked Thelen to be the voting representative for the Town of Webster.
13. MVC/Ho-Chunk Request for Funds: Since Kennedy was unable to attend this meeting; this item was Tabled by Young seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14. Town Hall Break-In July 13: Young described the break-in in detail to the people in attendance. This issue is under investigation by the Sherriff’s Dept.
15. Discuss Dirt Track on N. Elk Run Rd: This issue appears not to be a concern at this time.
16. Discuss Bidding Process for Diesel Fuel and LP Gas: This item was tabled by Young seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that 60 tons of patch mix has been used, first round of mowing has been completed and the trees have been removed on Leum and Green Hollow road projects.
18. Public Input: none
19. Board Comments: Young stated that the Amish community has been calling and informing the town of any large gatherings so that the patrolmen could spend screening on the sealcoat roads during these extreme hot temperature days, which is very helpful to preserve the roads.
20. Future Meeting Dates:
August 9 – Recall Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
August 16 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
August 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
21. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: July 19, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639